Can't Import Channels.conf in mythtv in .27

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

knobby
Newcomer

Can't Import Channels.conf in mythtv in .27

Post by knobby » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Hello All,

I am not able to scan for channel with mythtv-setup. It does not find all of the channels. I can use w_scan and scan and it find all of the channels quickly and I can play them in vlc. But for some reason the scanning in mythtv has a very hard time getting my channels. I would like to import the working channels.conf that I have into mythtv using mythtv-setup and I have found documentation that says it can be done by starting a channel scan and selecting import instead of full scan. In my version of mythtv, the only options for Scan Type are:

Full scan
Import existing scan
Scan of all existing transports
Scan of single existing transport

The "Import existing scan" option only allows me to select scans that were done in mythtv. I don't find any way to provide a path to a channels.conf file in this version of mythtv. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
knobby

mythbackend version: fixes/0.27 [v0.27.1-16-gaa822f5] www.mythtv.org : default ubuntu 15 install from distro package.

knobby
Newcomer

Re: Can't Import Channels.conf in mythtv in .27

Post by knobby » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:07 pm

I did try to import channels with schedules direct, but it does not seem to update my channels. Not quite sure what is going on. It seems that no matter what I do with the antenna, w_scan/scan work fine and find all the channels while mythtv does not. After trying to get channels from schedules direct, I moved the antenna around one more time and scanned again in mythtv-setup. This time it found all the channels in one scan. After that schedules direct was able to update the guide.

As far as I can tell, there is no longer any way to import a channels.conf into mythtv. Doesn't matter to me now that I've got my channels, but I am still interested if anyone knows a way.

knobby
Newcomer

Post by knobby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:06 pm

I have reinstalled my OS, and am now back to the problem with mythtv not detecting channels properly. I can use VLC to tune all channels fine, but mythtv never finds all the channels in a scan, and will give a fatal tuner error when trying to turn manually added channels.

bekiaris
Newcomer
Greece

Post by bekiaris » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Did you manage to find a solution to this? i have also a channel.conf file, however, i can not find a way to import it to mythtv db