[SOLVED] Cannot open "Setup" from mythfrontend

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tvuk
Junior
Great Britain

[SOLVED] Cannot open "Setup" from mythfrontend

Post by tvuk »

When I click on "Setup" in the frontend, it prompts me for a password (which I type correctly) and then does nothing.

I'm new to MythTv so the rest of my installation is new, but its mostly functional. I haven't set up a IR remote yet but I've been able to watch and record programs from LiveTV and play them back.
I've tried looking in the frontend logs for errors but I'm not sure whether these are what's causing my setup problem or not. And not sure how to resolve these.

Code: Select all

Nov  8 12:03:58 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext lirc.cpp:208 (Init) LIRC: Failed to connect to Unix socket '/dev/lircd'#012#011#011#011eno: No such file or directory (2)
Nov  8 12:03:58 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext jsmenu.cpp:91 (Init) JoystickMenuThread: Joystick disabled - Failed to read /home/ac/.mythtv/joystickmenurc
Nov  8 12:03:59 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext mythuiwebbrowser.cpp:962 (Init) MythUIWebBrowser: failed to find our parent screen
Nov  8 12:03:59 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext AirPlay/mythraopdevice.cpp:30 (Create) RAOP Device: Aborting startup - no key found.
Nov  8 12:04:08 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:172 (GetPCMInfo) ALSA: snd_pcm_info_get_card: Operation not permitted
Nov  8 12:04:16 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:961 (OpenMixer) ALSA: no playback control PCM found on mixer device default
Nov  8 12:04:16 myth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2532]: E CoreContext audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:497 (OpenDevice) ALSA: Unable to open audio mixer. Volume control disabled
I tried to search for a similar problem being reported but searching for 'setup' gave a lot of false hits.

Does anyone know what I should look at to progress this?

Last edited by tvuk on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Cannot open "Setup" from mythfrontend

Post by paulh »

You could try starting the frontend like this

mythfrontend -O SetupPinCode=9999
That will temporarily reset the pin code to 9999 allowing you to get into the setup to change it to the proper value you want.

You could also try

mythfrontend -O SetupPinCode=''
Which would temporarily disable the pin code altogether.
tvuk
Junior
Great Britain

Re: Cannot open "Setup" from mythfrontend

Post by tvuk »

It worked. Thank you!