HDHomerun Tuner Manual Configuration fixes/v30

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ian Dall
Newcomer
Australia

HDHomerun Tuner Manual Configuration fixes/v30

Post by Ian Dall » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 am

I have an HDHomeRun Connect Quatro HDHR5-4DT(AU) device and mythtv fixes/v30.0-v30.0-69-g5cde0578d8.

The mythtv-setup gui is significantly different to the official documentation Setup_Capture_Cards->Card_type:_HDHomeRun_networked_tuner. I see no ability to enter a manual ip (or tuner number). The only supported setup seems to "automatic" which works, but how do you handle multiple tuners this way?

I added 4 tuners and edited the video device field int database entry, so now I have tuners (from mythweb):
Encoder 8 [ HDHOMERUN : 125296FD-0 ] is local on mythmaster and is not recording.
Encoder 9 [ HDHOMERUN : 125296FD-1 ] is local on mythmaster and is not recording.
Encoder 10 [ HDHOMERUN : 125296FD-2 ] is local on mythmaster and is not recording.
Encoder 20 [ HDHOMERUN : 125296FD-3 ] is local on mythmaster and is not recording.
This seems to work OK. I tried allowing multiple recordings from each tuner but that didn't end well. It seems to result in recordings failing. Also, going into the mythtv-setup capture card configuration menu again, immediately clears the tuner specifier suffix, so the configuration reverts to 4 tuners all with video device 125296FD.

So the questions are:
  • How can you manually configure tuners? I much prefer specifying an IP address (or preferably a fqdn) to UPnP.
  • With automatic configuration, is it even possible to use all 4 tuners?
  • With automatic configuration, is it possible to set scheduling and live tv priorities separately for the tuners?
  • Is it possible to do multiple recordings from a each tuner? Does the device even permit this?

kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: HDHomerun Tuner Manual Configuration fixes/v30

Post by kmdewaal » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 am

Please have a look in the WIki page about channel scanning: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning and especially at the section https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Sca ... Run_tuners because there is also a lot about configuration there. The guide is written for the forthcoming v31 but it is largely similar to what is in v30.