mythtv 30 & ceton infiniTV 6

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ryry46d9
Newcomer
United States of America

mythtv 30 & ceton infiniTV 6

Post by ryry46d9 »

I forgot how to install the card at first, and when I first got it going I had encoder 1 set to max record 6.
I set it back to 1 but now encoder 2 is 7 , 3 is 8 and so on.
how do I go about fixing that ? will I have to remove everything ?

also 30 doesn't seam "stable" should I go back to 29 for a few more months ? and by that I mean I have to shut the backend down run the setup then manually start it then manually run mythfill. I haven't tried to restart the machine yet but fingers crossed

The OS is Ubuntu 16.04 I had 18.04 but I allowed mysql to upgrade two different times and both times the install borked itself. this last time I was unable to repair it so I tossed in the towel and went back to 16.04.
I think it might be time to shop for a different OS
ryry46d9
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: mythtv 30 & ceton infiniTV 6

Post by ryry46d9 »

well I got brave and rebooted the box for some reason the tuner disappeared. I don't recall doing a kernel update but whatever fixed that and found MythTV will not auto start :roll:

but I took that time to play in phpmyadmin and fixed the naming
fixed.JPG
fixed.JPG (39.85 KiB) Viewed 483 times
I have already removed over 100 duplicate shows a few thousand to go. remember kids backups are helpful :lol: :lol:

here's to hoping .30 gets fixed sooner than later :D
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: mythtv 30 & ceton infiniTV 6

Post by pgbennett »

v30 was released in January 2019. It is no longer in active development unless specific bugs are found.
So - waiting will not likely make v30 more stable. If there are specific problems causing instability, please let the developers know so that they can be fixed.
v31 will be released soon, but I don't know if your specific issue will be fixed.