refinding metadata

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

flabbergast
Newcomer
United States of America

refinding metadata

Post by flabbergast » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Some how I lost my metadata for my recordings and videos. Mythtv found the artwork for my videos folder. But I can't get the artwork back for my recordings. Running mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork only searches for two recordings which never had art work. It's like mythmetadatalookup thinks the metadata exists for the other recordings. Is there some way to force it to search the other recordings?

jksj
Junior
Great Britain

Re: refinding metadata

Post by jksj » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 am

Try clearing the metadata cache.
I cannot remember where that particular cache is located.
The following will clear all the frontend caches.
cd ~
rm -rf .mythtv/cache
Temporarily renaming the directory would of course be a less drastic approach.

flabbergast
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by flabbergast » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Thank you jks, but it didn't work. Looks like I may have to do without metadata for older recordings.

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Some other ideas:

Not sure if it's really metadata or if you mean that the actual artwork for the recordings is gone.
If it's missing from /var/lib/mythtv/banners (for example) then you could try the --refresh-all-artwork-dangerously
switch to mythmetadatalookup. Check --help (for any mythxxx command.) Haven't used it myself in ages.

You can see what's stored for artwork with a browser like this: http://yourBackend:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList
which will appear to stall if you've got tons of recordings, give it a chance. Look for <ArtworkInfo>. Also,
take note of the <FileName> section and a line that starts like: myth://Coverart@somehostname....
somehostname should match the output of your hour hostname command. But if you changed hostnames
lately, I'd expect other issues.

If you're running *buntu, you can see if SQL is OK with the recordedartwork table like this:

Code: Select all

sudo /usr/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-extra-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf mythconverg recordedartwork
That's the command that's run weekly, by default, out of cron.weekly for backing up the DB.

Or, look in /var/log/mythtv/mythmetadatalookup.log to see if there are any errors there.