mythvideo metadata not finding correct TV shows

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
halucigenia
Junior
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:03 am
Great Britain

mythvideo metadata not finding correct TV shows

Post by halucigenia » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:45 pm

mythvideo metadata is not finding the correct TV shows on my main backend/frontend machine, however on my main frontend/backend machine that I use connected to the TV the same shows find the correct metadata.
So, rather than pressing M on my main backend/frontend machine after transcoding and copying to my video library which is convenient after I have transcoded on that machine, I have to go to my main frontend/backend machine connected to the TV, find the shows and press W to retrieve the data for them when I want to watch them.

I am sure that I have the same setup and versions of mythtv on both machines - see below.

Code: Select all

mythfrontend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0
MythTV Branch : 
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.12.2
Options compiled in:

Code: Select all

mythfrontend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0
MythTV Branch : 
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.12.2
It also looks like I have the same versions of ttvdb.py

Code: Select all

ls -l /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 137826 Jul 25 14:39 /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py

Code: Select all

ls -l /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 137826 Jul 25 14:39 /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
But I get the following errors when running a lookup manually from the machine that is not working right

Code: Select all

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a US -M "The Mick"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py", line 2674, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py", line 2350, in main
    userkey=tvdb_account.account_identifier)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/ttvdb/tvdb_api.py", line 693, in __init__
    self.session.remove_expired_responses()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests_cache/core.py", line 159, in remove_expired_responses
    self.cache.remove_old_entries(datetime.utcnow() - self._cache_expire_after)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests_cache/backends/base.py", line 110, in remove_old_entries
    response, created_at = self.responses[key]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests_cache/backends/storage/dbdict.py", line 163, in __getitem__
    return pickle.loads(bytes(super(DbPickleDict, self).__getitem__(key)))
ImportError: No module named ordered_dict
The same lookup runs fine on the other machine.

What's going on?

User avatar
pgbennett
Developer
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:41 pm
United States of America

Re: mythvideo metadata not finding correct TV shows

Post by pgbennett » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:15 pm

It is not clear why you have two backends.YOu can easily run two frontends off one backend and that works well.

If you are copying shows from one backend to another, the metadata will not be copied unless you explicitly do something to copy it. Perhaps if you explain in more detail what you are doing, we can figure out what is happening.

halucigenia
Junior
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:03 am
Great Britain

Re: mythvideo metadata not finding correct TV shows

Post by halucigenia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:08 pm

pgbennett wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:15 pm
It is not clear why you have two backends.YOu can easily run two frontends off one backend and that works well.
I have set up three PCs to be both backend and frontend all three have capture cards. The PC under the TV is my main frontend. My main PC that I use day to day has both frontend for occasional viewing and adjusting marks for commercial breaks and holds all recordings on a raid array, it also is used for transcoding. Once the shows have the adverts marked they are then transcoded on my main PC and my third PC which has a high capacity drive for the transcoded shows. This setup works very well for how I like to use Mythtv - I find that watching transcoded shows with the adverts stripped out to be a better experience than watching the shows from the recordings directly. I probably don't really need a third PC but my main PC drive bays are full and I use this third PC for other things too.
pgbennett wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:15 pm
If you are copying shows from one backend to another, the metadata will not be copied unless you explicitly do something to copy it. Perhaps if you explain in more detail what you are doing, we can figure out what is happening.
I know that metadata does not copy with the transcoded shows, there must be a way to do this but I have not bothered to find out how, which is why I have to look up metadata after transcoding and copying to the high capacity drive. Because I tend to sit at my main PC to do day to day stuff it is convenient to scan for metadata for my video collection every so often after transcoding and copying the shows from there. This used to work fine on my main PC but now I find that it is not working for some shows, however, I have found that it does work from the PC under the TV.

Post Reply