Mythbackend crashes when attempt to run LiveTV [Arch installation with MariaDB errors]

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Mythbackend crashes when attempt to run LiveTV [Arch installation with MariaDB errors]

Post by kmdewaal » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:37 pm

There is a problem reported with MariaDB version 10.4.x and MythTV:
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-20261
Maybe this is the cause of the problems reported in this thread.

hamelg
Newcomer
France

Re: Mythbackend crashes when attempt to run LiveTV [Arch installation with MariaDB errors]

Post by hamelg » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:22 pm

I did a network capture and I see the same thing.
The crash happens only when i watch a program with no information on the grid TV (program unknown). Another clue is when mariadb crashes, mythbackend lets a empty ts file in its home directory, not in the storage group directory. I tried to debug, but it's too hard. I give up.

kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:21 pm

If you are using MariaDB version 10.4.x then I suggest to change to an older, 10.3.x, version of MariaDB, or to change to MySQL.
MythTV does rely on a correctly working database and when the database crashes on its own this is not something that can be fixed in MythTV.
When the MariaDB bug is fixed this will be noted in the Jira ticket referenced above and then also MariaDB version in which the fix will be implemented will be known.
You might also consider changing to a less bleeding-edge distribution such as Fedora or Ubuntu.