HDHomeRun Quattro

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kr_emerson
Newcomer
United States of America

HDHomeRun Quattro

Post by kr_emerson » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm currently running version 28.1 and one of my HDHR Duals died. I've replaced it with HDHR Quattro, but it isn't recognized by MythTV-Setup. Can someone tell me: 1) Do I need to assign an IP address to it to be recognized? 2) Is this supported? 2) If it is, what version do I need to upgrade to in order to install it? V29 or V30? Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken Emerson

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: HDHomeRun Quattro

Post by bill6502 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:31 am

Don't have one, so not much help. If you search the -users mailing list, you'll find
folks are using them, for example: https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/619303#619303

My non-Quatro HDHRs all respond to a simple ping, and I can go to the box's web page.

See if there are tools for it, like other HDHR products, such as: hdhomerun_config discover
which will find it. If that can't, MythTV can't.

For setup, the IP address isn't manually entered. Rather, the HDHR device will return a number like 1234ABCD
and the IP that MythTV will use.

There have been instances where a firewall blocked access to network based tuners.

Good luck.

yawlhoo
Junior
United States of America

Post by yawlhoo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:36 pm

I have a Quattro, works well, currently on v30 of MythTV. I'm not expert on HDHomerun devices, but I have been using them for years.

As far as I know, they must have an IP address, which could be acquired by DHCP. In my case I give the device a fixed IP by address reservation on my router. I believe the MAC address is printed on the box it comes in, and on the device itself, or it can be found by hdhomerun_config discover.

Hope this helps.

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Right, an IP is used. But for setup, the backend will discover the device and use the address returned.
[The original question was "1) Do I need to assign an IP address to it to be recognized?" and getting
the address is automatic.]

I updated my answer to make that clearer, thanks.