Building MythFrontend 30.x

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
kalak_lanar
Newcomer
United States of America

Building MythFrontend 30.x

Post by kalak_lanar » Thu May 16, 2019 7:32 pm

I've recently upgraded my backend to Fedora 30, so my MythTV backend is now running MythTV 30 as well from rpmfusion. My main frontend was on OSX, but it looks like there is no way to get MythTV 30 frontend running on macOS. I've used mac ports to install and compile it with Sierra, 10.12.6:

Code: Select all

port install pkgconfig qt5-qtwebkit qt5-qtscript qt5 yasm libsamplerate taglib libbluray exiv2 lame x264 x265 openssl
ln -s /opt/local/include/samplerate.h ~/mythtv-fixes-30/mythtv/libs/libmyth/audio/samplerate.h
ln -s /opt/local/include/libbluray/*.h  ~/mythtv-fixes-30/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/libbluray/
ln -s /opt/local/include/exiv2/*.h ~/mythtv-fixes-30/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/exiv2/
ln -s /opt/local/include/exiv2/*.hpp ~/mythtv-fixes-30/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/exiv2/
ln -s /opt/local/include/openssl/*.h ~/mythtv-fixes-30/mythtv/libs/libmyth/openssl/

./configure --enable-mac-bundle --qmake=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake --disable-backend
make
make install
I finally have a binary that runs, but won't connect to the X11 server with the message "FATAL: Unable to load the QT mysql driver, is it installed?"

I'd really like to get it working with a proper OSX application and with macOS mojave, 10.14.4, but I wanted to start with something that seemed easiest to wore, before working up to the more difficult install.

My questions: Is anyone working on macOS support in MythTV 30? Am I missing something on getting this to work? There's nothing in the Wiki for version 30, and nothing I can tell from the code (but I'm not a coder, so I may easily miss something).