Error: MythTV database has newer TV Schema

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cjgump720
Newcomer
United States of America

Error: MythTV database has newer TV Schema

Post by cjgump720 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Earlier this week when restarting my frontend I got an error window:
Error: MythTV database has newer TV schema (1348) than expected (1344)
Database Host 127.0.0.1
Database Name: mythconverg
A google search didn't really turn up any useful suggestions. I didn't make any changes to MythTV, although I did install a recent batch of Ubuntu updates. The only other thing I did was start a front and backend installation on another computer on my network (to replace this old one). But those two machines aren't connected, so I can't see how that could have caused the problem.

Any suggestions on what might have happened, and what I can do to fix the problem? Like I said, I'm upgrading to a new box, so I'm not sure how much effort I want to put into fixing this problem. But it would be nice to have the old machine and it's recordings available until I get the new one fully set up. This old box was my first foray into linux, and it's worked well for the last 5-6 years. Well enough that I haven't had to do too much trouble shooting :) , but my inexperience also means I don't even know where to start.

Thanks,

chris

wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: Error: MythTV database has newer TV Schema

Post by wesnewell » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:11 pm

You can't upgrade the backend version without upgrading the frontend to the same version. Just upgrade the frontend to the same version as the backend and you should be good.
wes@mythfe0:~$ mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0
wes@mythfe0:~$ mythfrontend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, 6 atsc tuners. Frontends-GF8200's,,AMD Athlon II's. Mythtv user since 2005.

pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: Error: MythTV database has newer TV Schema

Post by pvr4me » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Also, once the database has been upgraded to a new version, there is no easy way to downgrade to the prior version. You would have to restore a database backup and that means the database will be out of sync with any new or deleted recordings.

Craig
The MacPorts guy.