What is the correct way to add HDhomerun devices in version 30?

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

!real
Newcomer
United States of America

What is the correct way to add HDhomerun devices in version 30?

Post by !real » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:12 pm

What is the correct way to add HDhomerun devices in version 30? I have a HDHomerun Prime (HDHR3-6CC-3X2) and two HDHomerun Dual (HDHR3-US) These tuners worked flawlessly in v28. Best I remember in the v28 capture card setup the HDHomerun Prime devices were found and listed as 12345678-0, 12345678-1, and 12345678-2, each device was listed three times with a sub number for each tuner, and the HDHomerun Dual was listed two times such as 87654321-0 and 87654321-1, while in v30 all my devices are simply 12345678 listed one time like one single device with a single tuner. The interface is entirely different for the capture card setup in v30. What is the proper way to set these tuners up?

I tried adding two of the same tuners hoping Mythtv would understand they were dual tuner devices, and the one devices does work fine, but when recording back to back (with a few seconds overlap) the first records correctly but when Mythtv tries to selected the second tuner it times out and the recording is lost and marked Bad in the recordings.

I understand the HDHomerun Prime does not support Multi-rec, but the HDHomerun Dual does. What is the correct way to setup the HDHomerun Dual to support Multi-rec?

Thanks,