Mythconverg Info

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ggalt
Newcomer
United States of America

Mythconverg Info

Post by ggalt » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:31 pm

I've got a playback issue where newer recordings cause the frontend to lock up, but older recordings are OK. I actually think it may be the disk the newer recordings are on is failing (because an occasional new recording is OK), but I need to locate the actual location of each recording, which means I need to match a Series/Episode name to a filename and storage location. The "recorded" table gets me part of the way there by giving me a match between the 'title'/'subtitle' fields and the 'basename' field, but it doesn't give me a full path. Can someone tell me which table relates this information from the 'recorded' table to the full path for the file name?

Thanks,

George

ibedonc
Junior
United States of America

Re: Mythconverg Info

Post by ibedonc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 pm

linux backend ? , need more info for the OS

you can use find to locate it

ggalt
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by ggalt » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes, Linux backend. Fedora 28 x86_64. Yes, I can use find (or locate), but I was also hoping to get some better info on how the database does it. I'm reasonably certain that mythtv doesn't use find, but instead has a table that relates the basename and the path.

MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Post by MikeB2013 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 am

Have a look at mythlink.pl see https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl
It reads mythconverg database and creates symbolic links in a directory you specify (make a new directory for this purpose as when run all directory contents are deleted) which includes the full path to the files (so use something like ls -lha to see the full path)

It does work on latest mythtv versions (just tried it on master build 30pre)

For a ubuntu system mythlink.pl should be at /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl don't know about Fedora, try using "locate mythlink.pl" to find it.

Mike