Front End options - wife friendly

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

blanksheet
Newcomer
United States of America

Front End options - wife friendly

Post by blanksheet » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm a newbie with MythTV and have been searching and reading as much as possible about front end options. Have a MythTV and PLEX dedicated server. "Front End" is PLEX app on Roku using tschaumburg\warpme/MythRecordings.bundle(thank you both!). PLEX announced they are dumping plugins altogether so need to figure out a real front end that is wife friendly that can hopefully sort by SEASONS/EPISODE if possible. I was able to edit the plugin to add that sort method.

Not tied to the Roku as a solution but those are in place. Looking at Emby and perhaps seeing I could get the Emby.MythTv plugin to work again on a test box.

I would like to dive into a new front end solution and would appreciate any direction. I'm a school bus driver so my technical skills aren't the greatest but if pointed in the right direction I can learn to get it setup.

Thank you for any help,
blanksheet

heyted
Junior
United States of America

Re: Front End options - wife friendly

Post by heyted » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:19 am

I have used a Kodi frontend and the MythTV frontend, and my preference is the MythTV frontend. My wife is happy with it. The PC in my living room is a combined frontend and backend.