HDHomerun works with vlc and shows up in backend setup but doesn't record

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jimls
Junior
United States of America

HDHomerun works with vlc and shows up in backend setup but doesn't record

Post by jimls » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 pm

The HDhomerun shows up in the backend setup and displays the software version and VLC works with the HD config utility. Since the channels are the same (all US OTA) I used the existing "video source" and connected that source to the new inputs under "input connections". I tried looking at the backend log but didn't see anything that looked like it referred to the HDhomerun tuners. I installed it in addition to the two HVR1600 cards I have had and planned to drop the older cards once the HDhomerun was working. In the frontend status it shows 8 tuners and the last 4 have errors. Not sure why I have so many - I only have 4 actual tuners, the two 1600s and the dual HDhomerun.

I am running version 27+ fixes under Ubuntu 14.04

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: HDHomerun works with vlc and shows up in backend setup but doesn't record

Post by bill6502 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Please mention the specific model of the HDHR. I'm guessing Model: HDTC-2US,
based on the above.

You're probably getting twice the number of tuners because "Max recordings" is set
to 2 in mythtv-setup. YourTuner...YourSource->Interaction between inputs->
Max recordings.

HDHOMERUN & ATSC don't appear to be compatible. My HVR-2200 and HDHR3-CC
are on different sources. I'd have expected a popup warning about that in mythfrontend.
My Max recordings is set to 1 for the HDHRs. That was based on the Wiki for that model.

jimls
Junior
United States of America

Re: HDHomerun works with vlc and shows up in backend setup but doesn't record

Post by jimls » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:49 am

It's working now but I still show twice the tuners I have. It only allows recording for the tuners I have so I won't worry about that. Not sure if rebooting or what fixed it. The tuner is HDHomeRun Connect Duo HDHR5-2US and has two ATSC tuners.