can't connect to database after updating from 0.28 to 0.29

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
john9393
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 12:53 pm
France

can't connect to database after updating from 0.28 to 0.29

Post by john9393 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Howdy all,
Mythtv used to work fine until versoin 0.28.1.
After upgrading to 0.29.x , it don't work anymore : can't connect to database.
for example if I launch mythtv-setup I have the following errors :

2018-05-17 14:59:04.465768 E DB Error (StorageGroup::StorageGroup()):
Query was:

Driver error was [1/-1]:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded

I think it's a QT5 issue .

Some hints :

Mythtv is installed from source
installed :
mariadb-10.2.14
qt5-5.9.5
qt5-webkit-5.9.1
the sql drivers for QT5 are present
in /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/sqldrivers , i have libqsqlite. so and libqsqlmysql. so

i tried to add this in /etc/ld. so.conf :
/usr/lib64/qt5/
/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/
/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/sqldrivers


Nope, that don't work

I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.
Last edited by john9393 on Sun May 20, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bill6502
Developer
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm
United States of America

Re: can't connect to database after updating from 0.28 to 0.29

Post by bill6502 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm

My best shot is this: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_ ... th_Ansible
for the list of packages.

I building/running fine with *buntu 17.10 and this:

Code: Select all

$ mythutil --version
MythTV Version : v30-Pre-626-ga35421f02d-dirty
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20180319-1
QT Version : 5.9.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

$ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.30-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

john9393
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 12:53 pm
France

Re: can't connect to database after updating from 0.28 to 0.29

Post by john9393 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Thanks you for your answer, bill6502
seeing my mythutil --version 's output and proofreading thoroughly the output of configure ,
I had found up the binding mysql-python is missing

john9393
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 12:53 pm
France

Re: [Solved] can't connect to database after updating from 0.28 to 0.29

Post by john9393 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:52 pm

This topic had been tagged "SOLVED" by moderators , but it is NOT.

I have compiled with python-binding and perl-bindings taken in account and i still have the same error!
here the output of mythui --version:

Code: Select all

MythTV Version : v29.1-9b7b962834
MythTV Branch : tag: v29.1
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 29.20180131-3
QT Version : 5.9.5
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libxml2

User avatar
bill6502
Developer
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm
United States of America

Re: can't connect to database after updating from 0.28 to 0.29

Post by bill6502 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Makes sense that python-bindings weren't a solution, misread your earlier
comment to imply success, and figured something else changed too.

I updated to Ubuntu 18.04 yesterday and now have the same version of Qt
as you, and run setup/frontend/backend A-OK. Naturally, I had to rebuild the
whole project 1st. I do run make distclean before major changes like this.
I also do git clean -xfd. Run with -xfdn 1st to be sure they're aren't any things
you'd like to keep. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas. Maybe look for a stale library with:
find . -name "*0\.??\.so\.0\.??" -ls (really shouldn't exist.)

I'd attach the full output of ./configure <allYourSwitches> and mythtv-setup --logpath /tmp --quiet
(where the setup output will be similar to: /tmp/mythtv-setup.20180520173913.6100.log
Maybe others will pick up on something.

Code: Select all

$ mythtv-setup --version
MythTV Version : v30-Pre-628-g862e510f58
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20180319-1
QT Version : 5.9.5
...
$ ldd /usr/local/bin/mythtv-setup|grep -i sql
	libQt5Sql.so.5 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Sql.so.5 (0x00007f7d6952a000)
	libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0 (0x00007f7d5725e000)
$ locate -b '\libqsqlmysql.so'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so

Post Reply