Is there a way to force Myth to re-index its database or am I missing something?

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jasper13
Newcomer
United States of America

Is there a way to force Myth to re-index its database or am I missing something?

Post by jasper13 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Hello,

I recently noticed that both keyword and people searches are missing actors that ARE listed in the program Guide. This may have been happening for years but I only noticed it recently when a movie I was watching had an actress who I was searching for. When I went back to myth, the actress was shown in the program guide but did not show any hits in the keyword or person search. In these cases the search hits may show other actors meeting the search criteria but not the one I was looking for IE: searching for Withers may show hits for Reese Witherspoon but not Googie Withers. There were other examples of this.

Are there any MythTV / MySQL related tutorials or should I just check out any mysql/mariaDB tutorials. I've used other database programs in the past, so I know the basic concept of relational databases but not the syntax.

Thanks for your time,
Last edited by jasper13 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Is there a way to force Myth to re-index its database or am I missing something?

Post by bill6502 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Looks just like: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2438&p=11802
(hard to forget Googie.)

In People Search, is the person you're searching for in an existing recording?

I haven't found where the search is actually performed, but when I
try, only people in existing recordings are found.

The Keyword Search works for me (v30-Pre.)