[SOLVED] Delete watched videos from frontend?

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

[SOLVED] Delete watched videos from frontend?

Post by wilberfan »

I've never found a way to delete downloaded videos from the myth frontend GUI (for example, after I've watched them). Does this feature exist? I'm wondering if I'm not looking in the correct place(s).
Last edited by wilberfan on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: Delete watched videos from frontend?

Post by wesnewell »

Press the 'd' key to delete them.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Post by wilberfan »

wesnewell wrote:Press the 'd' key to delete them.
Wow. Really? That easy? Good to know.

Unfortunately, my myth box is in the next room--along with the keyboard. Once I start the frontend, I use a Streamzap remote to control things. There's probably a way to map a "D" to one of the unused keys...?

Thanks for the tip!
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Post by wilberfan »

Okay. A misunderstanding.

The "D" is to delete recording (recorded?) videos. I was asking about downloaded videos...
rwagner
Developer
United States of America

Post by rwagner »

Unless you're talking about the HLS recorder (which would show up in recordings), MythTV doesn't download videos.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

As long as the remote button is defined in lircd.conf and in your lircrc file, then just go to Edit keys and put the button on the function you want. My remote has lots of buttons. I picked it for that reason. I think the D key is the default to delete any file that you have highlighted anywhere.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Post by wilberfan »

wesnewell wrote:As long as the remote button is defined in lircd.conf and in your lircrc file, then just go to Edit keys and put the button on the function you want. My remote has lots of buttons. I picked it for that reason. I think the D key is the default to delete any file that you have highlighted anywhere.
I tried deleting a watched, downloaded video--by using the "D" key on the keyboard. It told me that the file was not being recorded (and/or not in the process of being recorded), and therefore could not be deleted... I think it only applies to programs *recorded* by the backend.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

I guess I don't know what type file you're talking about. It works on everything I have. Videos, Images, recordings, etc. Also works in mythtv-setup to delete cards, profiles, whatever. I don't stream stuff off the Inet in mythtv, but if it's streaming there's obviously nothing to delete.
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Post by wilberfan »

wesnewell wrote:I guess I don't know what type file you're talking about. It works on everything I have. Videos, Images, recordings, etc. Also works in mythtv-setup to delete cards, profiles, whatever. I don't stream stuff off the Inet in mythtv, but if it's streaming there's obviously nothing to delete.
You are CORRCT, Sir! I don't know why it didn't work for me before, but I just tried it again, and I *did* get a proper "Are you sure you want to permanently delete..." on-screen display.

So, my bad.

Now, I just have to remember how to map one of the Streamzap keys to the letter "D"... :?

Thanks again for your help!
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

wilberfan wrote:Now, I just have to remember how to map one of the Streamzap keys to the letter "D"...
You just have to edit your lircrc file for the button you want. On my system there's a link to the actual file located at /home/user/.lirc/mythtv. But it may be a differnt place on yours. I'm using Mythbuntu 14.04.
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Post by wilberfan »

wesnewell wrote:
wilberfan wrote:Now, I just have to remember how to map one of the Streamzap keys to the letter "D"...
You just have to edit your lircrc file for the button you want. On my system there's a link to the actual file located at /home/user/.lirc/mythtv. But it may be a differnt place on yours. I'm using Mythbuntu 14.04.
I think I got it working this way:

I edited ~/.lirc/mythtv and added the following to the bottom of the file:

Code: Select all

begin
    remote = Streamzap_PC_Remote
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_RED
    config = d
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end
After restarting, the red button brought up the delete dialogue window, and I deleted the file--using only the remote, so....so far, so good! :D

Thanks, everyone, for your help! I've wanted to be able to do this for (literally) years! Silly me for not investigating sooner... :oops: