Myth Netvision not working

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
Magus
Junior
France

Myth Netvision not working

Post by Magus »

Hi,

Again one question for me, it's because i really love MythTV and i want it to be near perfect.

I try to use Netvision plugin for example using Youtube but i can't view any video. When i try to launch a video, i get just a screen completely black and when i press back nothing happens. I have to kill the process which contains the Netvision process (it is also named "mythfrontend" process so i have to carefully kill the right process). My version of flash is 24.0.0.186, i think x86_64 because my system is on x86_64.

Why don't you use the video engine used by LiveTV which is work perfectly for any configuration ? Is it possible to add a direct stream over Internet (no RSS) and don't use Netvision ?

Thanks in advance for any of answers.

Cheers.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Myth Netvision not working

Post by paulh »

Just tried Youtube and I can play from both Search and Browse in MythNetvision. Our Youtube support doesn't use flash it uses the HTML5 player in a fullscreen webpage.
Magus
Junior
France

Post by Magus »

My problem is if i launch a video on Youtube i have a full non responsive screen, (sometimes black, sometimes white). If i look my process running, there is a "forked" myhtfrontend process, i have to kill it 3-4 times this process to see the HTML5 player and the video is launched.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Do you have MythBrowser or MythNews installed? Can you use the browser from them OK?

What version of Myth and Qt are you using. I've heard Qt5.7 and possibly QT5.6.1 Oo some distro's can be a problem because they don't have QtWebkit available.
Magus
Junior
France

Post by Magus »

Hi,

Both of MythBrowser and MythNews are installed. I can use the browser but it's not enough quick. I have Qt5.7.1 and qtwebkit installaed on my distro.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

That's a bit confusing since I thought qtwebkit had been depreciated but was still available as an option in Qt5.6.1 but was removed in 5.7.

Can we see the output from running

Code: Select all

mythfrontend --version
dizygotheca
Developer
Great Britain

Post by dizygotheca »

QtWebKit was deprecated in 5.5 and dropped in 5.6
With 5.6, Qt WebKit and Qt Quick 1 will no longer be supported and are dropped from the release. The source code for these modules will still be available. You can continue to compile and use these modules, but we will not be supporting them any longer.
http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/03/16/qt-5-6-released/

So distros can build it until it breaks.

Are there 2 mythfrontend processes ?
Sounds like the black one could be the main menu, which just isn't being re-drawn. And Netvision is launching a new window behind it.

What distro/window manager are you using ?
Can you Alt-Tab to bring it to the top ?
Magus
Junior
France

Post by Magus »

Hi,

Exactly, i have 2 mythfrontend processes. And no, it's the opposite : the white or black screen is the second process, and MythNetvision is rightly running on the first process.
The first process (the right process) is non responsive, as it's said by Gnome after any seconds (after clicking on the white / black screen). If i force to quit the process through the Gnome suggestion, it kills the right process.
I cannot uninstall QtWebkit because it's a sub-dependent package on my desktop.
Magus
Junior
France

Post by Magus »

To come here again, i'm on Fedora 25, using Qt 5.7, when i set environment variable to QT_QPA_PLATFORM to wayland, i see problem transparency in any theme. I have again to kill the second process to be able to launch video in Netvision, but the video is on "transparency". See below problem transparency (the background is from a video previously launched on Mythnetvision). Does it do on Qt 5.8 ? What is the plan for MythTV on Wayland ?
Attachments
Capture d'écran de 2017-03-11 12-30-30.png
Capture d'écran de 2017-03-11 12-30-30.png (195.25 KiB) Viewed 1633 times