Getting Images working

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ricks03
Junior
United States of America

Getting Images working

Post by ricks03 »

MythFrontend running on the same system as MythBackend (.28-4) for purposes of this question. MythGallery plugin is installed. I suspect something has changed in a recent version update.

Whenever I select Media Library > Images I get "No images found. Scan storage group using menu or insert/mount local media". I can't find out how to scan using menu?

When I go to look at the Settings > Media Settings on a remote front end, I see only a "Video Settings" option (no Image Settings option). On my local front end, I have an option under Settings> "Old Gallery Settings" (which I think are correct). If I select Media Library > Old Gallery I can see pictures.

My end goal is to be able to view folders on the myth frontend/backend server that are stored locally, using the Images display. I also have that folder shared and mounted on my remote front end, and would like to be able to view them there as well.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Getting Images working

Post by paulh »

I already answered you here :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1834

Don't confuse the old MythGallery plugin with the new built in images support. With the old gallery each frontend had to have direct access to the image files but with the new image support only the master backend needs direct access and all the frontend will query the backend (saves having to mount your images on every frontend using nfs/cifs etc).