Senior
Canada

Re: MacPorts and Myth 0.28

Post by pvr4me »

gsulshski wrote:Greetings,

I was having difficulty running the migration process

Code: Select all

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
so I decided to build from a clean ports perspective.

1) sudo port -f uninstall installed
2) sudo port install mythtv-core.28 +mariadb+mariadb55+python27+perl5_24

I looped through 1 & 2 above and I got the following error:

:msg:archivefetch --->  Fetching archive for mythtv-core.28
:debug:archivefetch Executing proc-pre-org.macports.archivefetch-archivefetch-0
:debug:archivefetch Active variants check for archivefetch-type install considers depends_lib depends_run: qt5-qtbase bzip2 exiv2 libass libbluray libcdio libdvdcss libiconv libxml2 fftw-3 freetype lame openssl faac x264 x265 qt5-mysql-plugin qt5-qtscript qt5-qtwebkit taglib zlib py27-mysql py27-lxml py27-urlgrabber p5.24-dbd-mysql p5.24-http-request-ascgi p5.24-lwp-useragent-determined p5.24-io-socket-inet6 p5.24-datemanip p5.24-net-upnp logrotate
:debug:archivefetch qt5-mysql-plugin is installed with the following variants: +mariadb55
:debug:archivefetch   required: mariadb55, forbidden: mysql56
:debug:archivefetch   accepted
:debug:archivefetch p5.24-dbd-mysql is installed with the following variants: +mariadb
:debug:archivefetch   required: mariadb, forbidden: mariadb10_0 mariadb10_1 mysql4 mysql5 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56 mysql57 percona
:debug:archivefetch py27-mysql is installed with the following variants: +mariadb55
:debug:archivefetch   required: mariadb55, forbidden: mysql4 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56 percona55
:debug:archivefetch logrotate is installed with the following variants: +gzip
:debug:archivefetch   required: startupitem, forbidden: 
:debug:archivefetch   rejected, because required variant startupitem is missing
:error:archivefetch org.macports.archivefetch for port mythtv-core.28 returned: logrotate must be installed with +startupitem.
:debug:archivefetch Error code: NONE
:debug:archivefetch Backtrace: logrotate must be installed with +startupitem.
I tried a workaround ..

1) sudo port clean logrotate
2) sudo port install logrotate +gzip+startupitem
I noticed that it had a broken link but was able to build
OK, this was the right thing to do.
3) sudo port install mythtv-core.28

This went through the build process unsuccessfully

Error: org.macports.destroot for port mythtv-core.28 returned: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump: '/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/mythwikiscripts': The file was not recognized as a valid object file.
fatal error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/otool: internal objdump command failed
Please see the log file for port mythtv-core.28 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Any ideas?

I was able to build mythtv 0.28 on my iMac through the migration process (but had problems with unrelated ports that I just cleaned up manually) but I can't seem to build from a clean ports perspective on my mac mini.
Remind me again, this is occurring under Sierra? XCode 8? Command Line Tools are installed?

The log message is clear that it is throwing an error on mythwikiscripts but nothing has changed from the Myth side. I can work around this easily enough, but I don't have a Sierra/XCode 8 environment yet.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
gsulshski
Junior
United States of America

Post by gsulshski »

Remind me again, this is occurring under Sierra? XCode 8? Command Line Tools are installed?

The log message is clear that it is throwing an error on mythwikiscripts but nothing has changed from the Myth side. I can work around this easily enough, but I don't have a Sierra/XCode 8 environment yet.

Sierra with Xcode 8 and Command line tools installed. I will verify Xcode8 and command line tools. Sometimes I get the pointed to a beta version.
gsulshski
Junior
United States of America

Post by gsulshski »

I confirmed Sierra, Xcode 8 and command line tools are installed.

Here is a snippet of the debug log referred below

debug:destroot ... for mythwikiscripts
:error:destroot org.macports.destroot for port mythtv-core.28 returned: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump: '/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/mythwikiscripts': The file was not recognized as a valid object file.
fatal error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/otool: internal objdump command failed
:debug:destroot Error code: NONE
:debug:destroot Backtrace: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump: '/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/mythwikiscripts': The file was not recognized as a valid object file.
    while executing
"proc-post-org.macports.destroot-destroot-0 org.macports.destroot"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $post $targetname"
:info:destroot Warning: targets not executed for mythtv-core.28: org.macports.activate org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:destroot Please see the log file for port mythtv-core.28 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/main.log
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

gsulshski wrote:I confirmed Sierra, Xcode 8 and command line tools are installed.
Could you please clean mythtv-core.28 and try the install again. (Glitches do happen!) I'll try to find some time to get a Sierra build environment up and running if you confirm that it fails in the same spot.

Craig
gsulshski
Junior
United States of America

Post by gsulshski »

pvr4me wrote:
gsulshski wrote:I confirmed Sierra, Xcode 8 and command line tools are installed.
Could you please clean mythtv-core.28 and try the install again. (Glitches do happen!) I'll try to find some time to get a Sierra build environment up and running if you confirm that it fails in the same spot.

Craig
I verified that I have Sierra, Xcode 8 and the command line tools installed

Last night, I did the following to confirm that it happened again.

1) sudo port -f uninstall installed
2) sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/build/*
3) sudo port install logrotate +gzip+startupitem     
4)  sudo port install mythtv-core.28 +mariadb+mariadb55+python27+perl5_24
I didn't notice any unusual or specific problems with the other ports.

I got the same error message that I posted previously.

I was able to build other ports such as ffmpeg successfully...

note:
I can't explain why my iMAC was successful with the build for mythtv-core.28 but I used the migration process and then went and fixed various ports that failed and eventually got it to work.

BTW: Do you establish the Sierra environment within a VM like Parallels or VMWare Fusion ?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

gsulshski wrote:I verified that I have Sierra, Xcode 8 and the command line tools installed

BTW: Do you establish the Sierra environment within a VM like Parallels or VMWare Fusion ?
Yes, I use Parallels to build and test with different MacOS versions.

Anyway after hours fighting with Parallels and then creating a new VM from scratch, I was able to recreate the problem on Sierra. Seems strange that it fails there and works on earlier versions. Anyway, the fix was quite simple and I've committed it to MacPorts. After a half hour from now, you should be able to selfupdate and finish the install.

Craig
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Post by sfatula »

And I suspect it will then work for you. Here's hoping at least!
gsulshski
Junior
United States of America

Post by gsulshski »

pvr4me wrote:
gsulshski wrote:I verified that I have Sierra, Xcode 8 and the command line tools installed

Yes, I use Parallels to build and test with different MacOS versions.

Anyway after hours fighting with Parallels and then creating a new VM from scratch, I was able to recreate the problem on Sierra. Seems strange that it fails there and works on earlier versions. Anyway, the fix was quite simple and I've committed it to MacPorts. After a half hour from now, you should be able to selfupdate and finish the install.

Craig
THANK YOU for your quick response and hard work getting the VM environment up for Sierra so that you could fix the problem.

I was able to run selfupdate and build up mythtv 0.28 and mythweb 0.28 with the fix in Sierra.

I am going to run through part of the migration process to start from a "clean state" and rebuild back up again tomorrow morning.

Then, I will start testing under Sierra.
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Post by sfatula »

Any feedback on how it is going in Sierra?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

sfatula wrote:Any feedback on how it is going in Sierra?
I still don't have a Sierra environment set up. My work on the port for 0.28 got derailed. I need some supporting changes done to the MariaDB port and the maintainer of that port has essentially disappeared. And another project is now consuming all my time. I hope to get back to Myth in the next couple of weeks but no promises.

I apologize for the delays. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Craig
(And 0.27 still works fine!)
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Post by sfatula »

Sorry Craig, I was speaking to gsulshski as you had made the change and he was able to build it. Wondering how it is working for him.
gsulshski
Junior
United States of America

Post by gsulshski »

I had trouble accessing the website and forum for a while and didn't make any immediate feedback.

1) I followed the migration path

Uninstall all installed ports:
sudo port -f uninstall installed

Clean any partially-completed builds:
sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/build/*
2) then I installed mythtv 0.28

sudo port install logrotate +gzip+startupitem 
             sudo port install mythtv-core.28 +mariadb+mariadb55+python27+perl5_24
             sudo port install mariadb-server
3) Then I installed mythweb 0.28

sudo port install mythweb.28 

I didn't get any macports build errors.

From a testing feedback,

I don't have any issues using my two Kodi frontends to work with Mythtv.

Mythtv frontend doesn't work right for me on the mac mini where I have the backend installed as well.

When I run LiveTV the first time, I can watch a Live TV station but if I exit out and comeback in or if I try to jump to another channel I get the following:
"jump program file buffer error". After that , I will always get this error message.

I haven't the time to do any significant debug but I did do a verbose run mythfrontend -v ....but I ran out of time looking at it. I did look at the frontend and backend logs and saw some errors.

The only time that I use mythtvfrontend is when I do a faux PIP with my Kodi in full screen when watching more than 1 sports program.

On the other hand, Mythtv frontend on my iMac works fine.

Also, I still have the mythweb problems that I have stated before where it works and then errors.

I started to do some debug in apache and then again ran out of time. I can at least use myth Webfrontend for the moment.

Net: 1) mythtv 0.28 built fine this time
        2) myth_frontend works on a remote machine but fails with "jump program file buffer error" on the machine where the backend resides
        3) Mythweb 0.28 gets Fatal error: Call to a member function query_col() on a non-object in /opt/local/apache2/htdocs/MythWeb/modules/backend_log/init.php on line 15
        4)  Kodi frontends work locally and remotely flawlessly with mythtv  (mac mini, iMac and firetv)
I wonder if I should retry the build from scratch and then debug or just debug it now.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

BTW, I presume you did 'sudo port selfupdate' before reinstalling Myth. That makes sure you are using the most recent versions of the packages.

Re rebuilding, I highly doubt there will be any difference. If the build finished successfully the first time, you are very likely to get exactly the same result on subsequent builds. More likely, one (or several) of the 140 dependencies that Myth relies on [1] will have been updated in the interim. So we'll have a moving target where differences might be caused by updates to those packages!

Re the jump buffer error. If I understand correctly, you can reliably reproduce this error, right? If so, the logs are key. Please stop and restart Myth, reproduce the error and then post back and frontend logs. Hopefully that will lead us in the right direction.

Re MythWeb, I think this is likely a configuration issue but I don't know specifically. There are people that make a good career out of getting MySQL, Apache and PHP to play nicely together. I'm not one of them.

Craig
[1] Those are runtime dependencies only. I don't know how many more there are at build time!
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Post by sfatula »

Just an FYI - I had the same problem, just today, with Myth 0.28, under Sierra, empty Macports (downloaded and updated but no packages installed). Install myth base, and, logrotate failed due to missing startupitem variant. Had to do the same workaround.

I am now on Sierra, but thus far, no issues with Mythweb, seems to work for me as it always did. Mythfrontend also works as much as has been coded there.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

sfatula wrote:Just an FYI - I had the same problem, just today, with Myth 0.28, under Sierra, empty Macports (downloaded and updated but no packages installed). Install myth base, and, logrotate failed due to missing startupitem variant. Had to do the same workaround.

I am now on Sierra, but thus far, no issues with Mythweb, seems to work for me as it always did. Mythfrontend also works as much as has been coded there.
I guess I should have been more clear: logrotate is not "failing". Myth needs it installed with the startupitem variant enabled--the only way to indicate that it is missing is to throw an error.

The install command needs to be:

sudo port install mythtv-core.28 +mariadb+mariadb55+python27+perl5_24+startupitem
Note the '+startupitem' on the end. This gets passed through when installing logrotate and then all will proceed normally.

Glad to hear that it is working for you. After about a month of dealing with family issues, I hope that I may have a little time to work on Myth again.

Craig
(Please let me know if there are docs out there that are missing the +startupitem bit.)