Cutlist is empty

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bernmeister
Newcomer
Australia

Cutlist is empty

Post by Bernmeister »

I want to cut out commercials from recordings by manually adding in the cuts whilst viewing and then using 'mythutil --getcutlist' to get the resultant cuts.

To do so, whilst the recording is playing, I add a cut by hitting 'e', then ENTER, "New Cut Added" is displayed in the OSD, then hit 'e' again. When I run 'mythutil --getcutlist' from the terminal I get only 'Cutlist:' and no other data.

If the chanid and starttime are 1092 and 20160114125500 respectively for example, the full command I am using is

mythutil --getcutlist --chanid 1092 --starttime 20160114125500 -q

In all the testing (using a recording from two years ago versus one today, using an HD recording versus an SD), I once saw some numbers appear on the terminal but I've not been able to get anything since.

The result of calling 'mythutil --version' is

Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v0.27.5-71-ga62fc0d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Bernard.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Cutlist is empty

Post by bill6502 »

Bernmeister wrote: To do so, whilst the recording is playing, I add a cut by hitting 'e', then ENTER, "New Cut Added" is displayed in the OSD, then hit 'e' again.
Just press escape when you're done editing your cutlist. You'll be
prompted for what do then (like Save Cuts and Exit.) You can also
press m to bring up a menu.

Sounds like you choose not to run mythcommflag and then enter
z to load the flags while in the cutlist editor (which is OK.)
Bernmeister
Newcomer
Australia

Post by Bernmeister »

bill6502 wrote: Just press escape when you're done editing your cutlist. You'll be
prompted for what do then (like Save Cuts and Exit.)
I should have mentioned in the original post that what you suggested was the first method I tried (and still no cutlist information). I only then found the abbreviated version of 'e', ENTER then 'e'. Regardless I just tried again what you suggested...no banana!
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Let's go back to
I add a cut by hitting 'e', then ENTER, "New Cut Added" is displayed in the OSD, then hit 'e' again.
That will start the addition of a cut. You'd use the arrows to select the end of the cut
and press ENTER again. Then press escape and save your work. Or maybe I took
your comment too literally.
Bernmeister
Newcomer
Australia

Post by Bernmeister »

bill6502 wrote:Let's go back to
I add a cut by hitting 'e', then ENTER, "New Cut Added" is displayed in the OSD, then hit 'e' again.
That will start the addition of a cut. You'd use the arrows to select the end of the cut
and press ENTER again. Then press escape and save your work. Or maybe I took
your comment too literally.
Bingo! I didn't realise I had to make a start AND end cut in the same edit cycle. Now I get some values.

Is this the only way to manually add cuts? It is very awkward as I would typically watch a recording, up comes a commercial break so I'd make a cut (or mark say), then fast forward the break until the show resumes and add another cut (mark)...repeat. The cut editor does not seem to work this way.

Really I'm wanting to hit a key whilst watching a recording and at that keypress, the current time/filename is exported. How easy/feasible to write a hook behind a keypress to do so? I already have a script which takes a list of start/end cut times and passes that to avconv to splice out commercials. I was wanting to do most of this in MythTV, but if I have to I'm happy to export the cut (mark) list out and do the hard work myself.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

I don't see any keybindings in MythTV that do that. I assume you know that
the up and down arrows can be used to select the amount of time that the
left/right arrows move (so one you press e, you can move ahead by 1min.
or 20 seconds etc 'til the end of the commercial you started with.)