New version of the MythCenterXMAS-wide theme is available

Announcements for MythTV

Moderator: Forum Moderators

paulh
Developer
Great Britain

New version of the MythCenterXMAS-wide theme is available

Post by paulh »

I've just updated both master and the fixes-0.27 version of the MythCenterXMAS-wide Christmas theme to 1.3.

It may take up to 24 hours (not sure at what time the update script runs) for the new version to show up in the theme updater.

The main changes are some new backgrounds and removed some of the old naff ones. There has also been some updates and fixes to the video and music screens. Plus lots of other minor tweaks. I'll continue to work on it up to Christmas so expect more changes as time allows.

Only tested on master but I think I've cherry-picked all the relevant changes to the 0.27-fixes branch so all should be OK. Let me know if you spot a problem.

There is also and Easter egg or should that be a Christmas egg? of an animated rocking Santa - see if you can find him

As always this is just a bit of fun if you don't like it don't whine just don't use it.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all MythTV users and developers.

Paul H.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: New version of the MythCenterXMAS-wide theme is availabl

Post by pvr4me »

Thanks! Seems to be working OK on 0.27.5 based on a quick tour. (Can't find Santa, though. Can I have a hint?)

Best of the holidays to each and every one of you!

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
Kwisher
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kwisher »

Looking in synaptic and I do not find your theme. What PPA do I need to add? In fact, I see only one extra theme besides the 3 that are in MythTV setup.

TIA
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

pvr4me wrote:Thanks! Seems to be working OK on 0.27.5 based on a quick tour. (Can't find Santa, though. Can I have a hint?)

Best of the holidays to each and every one of you!

Craig
Well he is rocking Santa so is interested in music tracks, especially there track information ;)
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Kwisher wrote:Looking in synaptic and I do not find your theme. What PPA do I need to add? In fact, I see only one extra theme besides the 3 that are in MythTV setup.

TIA
You change themes from within the Myth frontend.

Go to the Setup menu and somewhere in there you will find an entry for 'Theme Chooser'. The theme chooser will find all the available theme for your version of Myth and allow you to select one. Hint sometimes you will have to back out of the theme chooser for the theme change to take effect.
Kwisher
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kwisher »

paulh wrote:
Kwisher wrote:Looking in synaptic and I do not find your theme. What PPA do I need to add? In fact, I see only one extra theme besides the 3 that are in MythTV setup.

TIA
You change themes from within the Myth frontend.

Go to the Setup menu and somewhere in there you will find an entry for 'Theme Chooser'. The theme chooser will find all the available theme for your version of Myth and allow you to select one. Hint sometimes you will have to back out of the theme chooser for the theme change to take effect.
Found it, thanks for the reminder about the 'Theme Chooser', I don't switch themes very much.