MythTV cannot connect to database

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
pgarrity18
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: MythTV cannot connect to database

Post by pgarrity18 »

It looks like
I had it working, I just needed to change the ip address from 192.168.1.6 to localhost and it seems to be ok.

Front end seems to work so I guess this issue can be closed out from my end anyway. Not sure if the OP figured out his issue.

Thanks a lot for the help!
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

pgarrity18 wrote:I should mention that I am now in the process of building the macport
Wait, what!?! For the sake of others--DON'T DO THIST!! Mixing the installer and building your own software with MacPorts is NOT a supported configuration. See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts#Download_or_build

What made you think this would help?
but here is what I get...

Code: Select all

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for mythtv@%                                                                                   |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*CC8F35F587CA5A556B4132C2407E556D92172FFC' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mythconverg`.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'                                               |
This proves that your database was properly initialized but that doesn't matter anymore.

Hopefully your installation won't blow up when you update Myth, and/or its dependencies, in the future.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
headrc
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by headrc »

Ditto on this problem. I just posted my own plea for help. Seems like Myth is pretty hard to get setup.
stuartm
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuartm »

Mysql defaults to not listening on external (non-loopback) IP addresses. Check my.cnf for the skip-networking option, if it's there remove or comment it.

Also check /opt/local/etc/mysql55/macports-default.cnf for the same option.