TBS IR remote

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
tvuk
Junior
Great Britain

TBS IR remote

Post by tvuk »

I have a IR remote that came with my TBS tuner card.
Is there a simple way to configure this for use with mythtv through mythbuntu?
I looked through the various choices in the setup but it doesn't appear to be amongst those listed.

I'm not very familiar with the process but is it a case of sourcing a lirc.conf file from somewhere?
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: TBS IR remote

Post by wesnewell »

Remotes that come with tuner cards usually require special drivers for the receivers. You may find what you're looking for here.
https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... 8&oe=utf-8
But it would be much easier just to get a supported receiver so you could use any remote you wanted. And there are lots of supported receivers. Any windows usb mce receiver should work.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
tvuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by tvuk »

Thanks for your reply.
By the looks of it, something seems possible, even if it means manually mapping each key.
I will give it a go!

Update: Using ir-keytable to log button presses on my remote, events are only getting fired occasionally. It seems to take 3 or more presses sometimes to generate an event. So I will probably look into getting a USB MCE remote instead.
diyhouse
Senior
Great Britain

Post by diyhouse »

Hi,.. I'm not saying this is a definitive guide,...

But I put this word document together to remember how to setup the IR control with my TBS tuners ( and a separate USB remote plus IR receiver ).

You can use the standard TBS remote with the supplied receiver,.. or alternatively use a different more sophisticated one, ( I use the logitech 650 remote with my TBS recievers ), and they work fine.

You can find most of the required files on a standard system,.. and it not difficult to edit to ones own requirements.

Good Luck
Attachments
IR_Setup.7z
(30.11 KiB) Downloaded 152 times