mythtv-frontend volume

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

mythtv-frontend volume

Post by jfabernathy »

I'm trying to balance the audio volume between all my applications on the FireTV 4k stick. The stick is connected to a Sony TV and using the built-in speakers. I find that when I switch to mythtv-frontend from other apps like SlingTV, Prime Video, Netflix, or Youtube, I have to raise the volume significantly to get Mythtv-frontend to the right level.

Any recommendations on fixing this??
gedakc
Junior
Canada

Re: mythtv-frontend volume

Post by gedakc »

I also have lower volume than all other applications when using MythFrontend 31.0-54-g445cf1fe6b-0 on a 2017 NVidia Shield with up-to-date Android. So far I have not discovered how to resolve this minor annoyance.

**EDIT**: For example if I can clearly hear all other applications at TV volume setting 20, then for MythFrontend I have to increase the TV volume setting to 30 to have the same level of volume.
jksj
Senior
Great Britain

Post by jksj »

MythTV Version : v32-Pre-2260-gc64556b924 on a Nvdia Shield TV connected to a Yamaha amplifier
I also get this problem. Both mythfrontend and leanfront produce identical volume levels. Amazon video and Netflix are much louder. In my case driving a Yamaha 5.1 sound amplifier.
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Post by jfabernathy »

I don't think this is native to the signal that is received by the tuners used by MythTV. If I use the SiliconDust HDHomerun app on FireTV 4k or Shield TV to play Live TV, it is the same volume level as all my other apps on those devices.
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Post by jfabernathy »

jksj wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:50 am
... Both mythfrontend and leanfront produce identical volume levels....
My wife normally uses Leanfront and has not complained. However, when I got her using Mythfrontend for Live TV, she started the complaining about the low volume level.

On my Shield TV I drive the sound through a AV Receiver, but on the FireTV she uses the built-in speakers. I know both apps have volume settings. I don't remember ever changing the Leanfront settings for audio, but on Mythfrontend, I unchecked the box for using internal volume controls.