Problem recording most channels in program guide

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Smashtorrent
Newcomer
United States of America

Problem recording most channels in program guide

Post by Smashtorrent »

Hi All,
After installing mythTV 31 on Ubuntu 20.04, I wanted to test my capture cards (HDHomeRun) by attempting to record with all four tuners simultaneously. However, I ran into a bigger issue. When trying to record using 'Record One Showing (this episode)', it does nothing on most channels. Some channels it will record, but for most of them it doesn't do anything, not even an error. I can watch the channel, so the tuner is working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
Ajharvey
Newcomer
New Zealand

Re: Problem recording most channels in program guide

Post by Ajharvey »

Does the recent recording section show anything - seemingly failed recordings for me have showed up in there with a reason the system decided not to schedule them (like deciding they were already recorded, or conflicted with existing programmes)

Also, if you schedule programmes on these channels a little way in the future, do they show in upcoming recordings? And if so do they actually record?

Cheers,
Adrian
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Did the recordings actually fail, or were the ones selected already being broadcast
with a complete episode available in the future?

Or, was it only the 'Record One Showing (this episode)' that didn't appear to work
while other choices were OK?
Smashtorrent
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Smashtorrent »

Hi all,
I figured out the problem. My default recording rule had the following schedule filters:
- new episode
- first showing

So, when I tried to record an episode that was a rerun it wouldn’t record using 'Record One Showing (this episode)' and if I attempted to use the option ‘Record This Showing’ I would see ‘single record -- not listed’.

Anyway, thanks Ajharvy and bill6502 for reaching out. Sorry I didn’t respond in a timely fashion.
Ajharvey
Newcomer
New Zealand

Post by Ajharvey »

Thanks for posting the final solution to help any others with the same symptoms later!
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Post by Steve Goodey »

Hello,

If you're happy with the fix could you possibly added [Solved] to the subject line in the first post?

Ta.
Don't forget the Wiki.