[Solved] 31-Fixes - Can't Delete Channels

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vaska
Junior
Canada

Post by Vaska »

Hi,

I successfully upgraded from v30 to v31 today. I also transitioned from Data Direct to Schedules Direct JSON using XMLTV. I deleted the old Data Direct video source then added the XMLTV Json source for Schedules Direct in the frontend. I then finished configuring the new video source from the command line using tv_grab_zz_sdjson.

After that I did a full channel re-scan and inserted them all. I went through the list of channels and picked the ones I wanted to delete, such has HSN and QVC. Despite trying to delete them using both mythtv-setup's channel editor or from MythWeb's Settings/TV/Channel Info page, I can't get rid of them. They don't go away. I also tried unchecking "Visible" in MythWeb and clicking save but they're still visible.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks to everyone who made the new release possible BTW! :)

Cheers,
Vaska
Last edited by Vaska on Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: 31-Fixes - Can't Delete Channels

Post by wesnewell »

Did you try unchecking visible in the backend setup.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
Vaska
Junior
Canada

Re: 31-Fixes - Can't Delete Channels

Post by Vaska »

Thanks for the suggestion wesnewell. I just stopped the backend, ran mythtv-setup, changed two channels I don't want to "Never visible" and then restarted the backend and frontend but they are still visible. I also tried re-running mythfilldatabase.

They are really weird channels too. They don't have channel numbers and show up as unknown.

The channels look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/nUdfs9s.png

Is there anyway they can be deleted or hidden on the Schedules Direct line up? I remember the old SD data direct lineups could be edited but I can't seem to access the new XMLTV lineup I'm using on the Schedules Direct website.
Vaska
Junior
Canada

Post by Vaska »

No matter what I tried I still couldn't delete these rogue channels. In the end I deleted all my video source late last night with the intention of starting over with a new channel scan. Of course Schedules Direct went down at the same time so after a good half hour of failing with tv_grab_zz_sdjson I just ended up using EIT data as a video source for now. Once I did the new channel scan and inserted them all, I was able to delete the ones I didn't want to keep without any issues. Thanks again for the help wesnewell.

Vaska