Watch Recordings Page, background changing

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nocturnalcodehack
Newcomer
United States of America

Watch Recordings Page, background changing

Post by nocturnalcodehack »

Not sure how to describe this. Some programs show a photograph background when they are selected from the right-hand program frame. This started recently in v.29 front end. This never used to happen. I though I might have changed a setting somewhere but can seem to find such an option. I'm not even sure what to call this, 'program background image,' maybe.

What I want, is just the standard blue background for all programs selected. Anyone know how/where to set that behavior?
Attachments
IMG_8266.jpg
IMG_8266.jpg (151.53 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: Watch Recordings Page, background changing

Post by wesnewell »

The default recording template rule is set to allow automatic metadata lookup. Uncheck it and new recordings won't look it up. Of course it's already set in all the rules you have set now, so you'll need to either delete them and reset them, or edit each one of them to do away with it. This will not affect current recordings as they are recorded under your current recording rule.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

It's up to the theme to decide whether to show the fanart, coverart, thumb images etc.

If you don't want to see them then either change themes to ones that don't show them or edit the theme so the images are not shown or better still create your own copy of the theme you like and remove them from there. Search the forums and mailing lists for how to do this it's been discussed before I'm sure.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Never heard of that. if one wants to disable metadata lookup altogether, Uncheck it in the backend-setup.
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_Gener ... pecific.29
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

That wont stop the existing recordings that already have fantart from displaying the fanart though. The issue isn't that the metadata is being collected it's that the theme he is using will display it if it's available.

So you need to remove or comment out the <fanart> image in recordings-ui.xml

Looks like the Australian version of MythCenter-wide from the image :lol:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/m ... -ui.xml#L7

So you could put a comment around the fanart image so the fanart image wont be shown for example use <!-- and --> to comment it out like:-

Code: Select all

<!--
        <imagetype name="fanart">
            <area>0,0,100%,100%</area>
            <filename />
        </imagetype>
-->        
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

But that just works until the next update of the theme or he switches themes, since I'm pretty sure all the themes display fanart. He needs to uncheck it in the default recording rule for future recordings. If he had configured this right in the first place, it wouldn't be a problem. Actually it isn't a problem. It's just doing what he told it to do. User error.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

You're clearly "You do it my way or not at all" kind of guy. In my world there is room for both approaches and I let the user decide which to use :lol:
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Not really. I just think my way would be better as it would work with updates and/or theme changes if he does it. Of course he could do both as long as he realizes deleting the fanart is only for that theme and just until it gets an update or he changes themes. To do it properly he should go into the menu Recording Options>change metadata and delete the Inetref. That will get rid of it for that recording. All of which could have been avoided if he had disabled metadata in the first place id he didn't want it. Whichever or whatever. Just how I'd do it if I wanted to get rid of it.
wmorrison
Senior
United States of America

Post by wmorrison »

Just be careful when doing all this that you don't disable the processing of metadata lookup jobs, but not disable metadata lookup job creation (in the rules, as stated) or your machine will not shut off automatically. It will put jobs in the queue that won't be processed and then always say there are pending jobs. Happened to me when I was working through this same thing several months ago.
nocturnalcodehack
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by nocturnalcodehack »

I found the "Automatically Look Up Metadata" option under "Post Processing" for each recording. I intuitively looked only under "Metadata Options" for each Recording Rule originally. I trust this will help with future recordings. Thank you!