mythtv-setup Scan Type country not saved

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
tobiz
Junior
Great Britain

mythtv-setup Scan Type country not saved

Post by tobiz »

I've built mythtv 30 from source and installed on my development machine. My plan is to develop a plugin for configuring AVR speaker setups (Marrantz 1604), the final configuration is intended to run on my production machine.
When I run mythtv-setup to configure for DVB-T2 input and scan for channels I get as far as selecting Scan Type -> and get a list of countries, top of list is Australia, I go down list to United Kingdom and select, save and exit back up. If I now repeat United Kingdom is not present, Australia is. Should the selected country (which I assume provides frequency tables) 'stick'? Both the development machine and production are running Ubuntu 18.04 with all current fixes applied.
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Re: mythtv-setup Scan Type country not saved

Post by MikeB2013 »

Depending on how you built and installed mythtv 30 it could be an issue with mythtv Locale Settings.
Check in mythtv-setup->1. General->Locale Settings that Channel Frequency Table is set to europe-west.

I build from source all the time, but before building from source, I add the appropriate e.g. ppa:mythbuntu/30 and install mythtv so that I get all the other stuff that otherwise you have to setup manually, items like log rotation. database creation, systemd mythtv-backend.service etc.
I then disable the ppa to prevent future updates. Build from source having used mythtv ansible to setup build-depends, (using default ./configure puts everything in /usr/local/, rather than /usr/) , adjust mythtv-backend.service file to use /usr/local/ for the binary.

Mike
tobiz
Junior
Great Britain

Re: mythtv-setup Scan Type country not saved

Post by tobiz »

Interesting idea to install from ppa:mythbuntu/30 to get all the other 'stuff', plus other tips - will try these. I have done: mythtv-setup->1. General->Locale->europe-west prior to Scan Type. I've also run w_scan which finds lots of TV channels so the decoder is working.

Thanks
Tobiz