Cannot register on mythtv wiki

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

beoski
Newcomer
Australia

Cannot register on mythtv wiki

Post by beoski »

Main page wiki/Main_Page invites you to "Resister Yourself" but you only get a log in page, no option to register.
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Re: Cannot register on mythtv wiki

Post by heyted »

It was disabled due to spam. Is there something short and easy you want to edit? I could make the edit, or you could request to be allowed to register from one of the moderators (might need a few more posts first).
Ted | My blog
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuarta »

beoski wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:37 pm
Main page wiki/Main_Page invites you to "Resister Yourself" but you only get a log in page, no option to register.
If you want to register, reach out to me on IRC, freenode, #mythtv, nick: stuarta and i'll enable registration briefly.

Regards
Stuart
vorear
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by vorear »

I too would like to comment or correct entries in the mythtv wiki but I could not find a way to PM you here.
Gribnif
Junior
United States of America

Post by Gribnif »

Here's the PM link for this forum: ucp.php?i=ucp_pm&mode=compose
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

vorear wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 pm
I too would like to comment or correct entries in the mythtv wiki but I could not find a way to PM you here.
Since you are a new member you may not be able to send PM's until you have posted a few messages. It's a precaution to prevent spammers creating new accounts just to sent spam.

You need to speak to stuarta to temporarily enable new wiki account creation. You should be able to click his name in this thread to show his profile on which you have the option to send a PM to him but like I say you may be prevented from doing that as a new user. Alternatively you can contact him on IRC at mythtv channel on freenode as stuarta.