Need help with an audio sync problem

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MickeyRat
Junior
United States of America

Need help with an audio sync problem

Post by MickeyRat »

Before I ask my question some words about my setup because I've changed a lot of things recently. I'm running myth 30 in Manjaro on an I5 with 16GB as a Myth backend along side Emby as a movie server. I hosed my old installation so it's a recent setup. I'd been running Kodi Libreelec as a frontend on an old Acer Revo but, it got to where it had a hard time with some newer movies. So, there, I recently moved to a Raspberry PI 4 also running Libreelec. My thinking was that the Raspberry Pi's video hardware would help with the issues I've been seeing with movies and that has worked. So, there are a lot of recent changes in my setup.

My problem is that on one station we're seeing serious audio sync issues. I'm talking 2 or 3 seconds not just slightly noticeable. Another symptom on that station is that when we leave a show and go back and it prompts to go back to where it was, it just goes to the beginning. I'll add that this station is not the best for reception. Given all the changes I've made, is it reasonable to say that this is a reception problem? That seems like an awfully big gap to chalk up to that.
blm-ubunet
Senior
Cambodia

Re: Need help with an audio sync problem

Post by blm-ubunet »

LiveTV in all situations?

Or recording with bookmark saved?