[Solved] How to Disable Queuing of Metadata Jobs

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lynnux
Junior
Great Britain

[Solved] How to Disable Queuing of Metadata Jobs

Post by lynnux »

Thanks to @MikeB2013 I have Mythtv 30 frontend and backend running on a Pi4 4MB with a HDHomerun Quatro.
I use "Mythcenter-wide 1.7" theme.
It all runs extremely well.

I never want to download metadata for any recorded TV program.
I have set mythtv-setup->General->Job Queue(Backend Specific)->Allow Metadata lookup jobs = Unchecked

This works but it does not stop metadata jobs being enqueued after a recording completes. They sit in the queue until I manually delete them.

I cannot find any frontend/backend option or recording profile / post processing setting to stop these metadata jobs being queued.

Any help gratefully received!
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Re: How to Disable Queuing of Metadata Jobs

Post by MikeB2013 »

You need to change Recording Rules Post Processing, this is in mythfrontend>Manage Recordings>Recording Rules>
Edit rules by moving down to the rule you want and enter the rule (return key on keyboard), press "m" key (for menu), move down to Post Processing and press right arrow key.

In "Post Processing Options" , two options are checked i.e. "Automatically Advert Flag Recordings" and Automatically Look Up Metadata"
Uncheck your options, press left arrow key (goes back to previous screen) , then Save.

To be effective for all new Recording Rules change the "Default(Template)" Recording Rule.
For existing Recording Rules you will need to change each Recording Rule individually

Mike
lynnux
Junior
Great Britain

Re: How to Disable Queuing of Metadata Jobs

Post by lynnux »

MikeB2013 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am
To be effective for all new Recording Rules change the "Default(Template)" Recording Rule.
For existing Recording Rules you will need to change each Recording Rule individually

Mike
Thanks for such a quick and concise answer Mike - I had totally missed that Default (Template) rule in amongst all the "ordinary" rules.

Bob