Live TV / tuners won't record

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Live TV / tuners won't record

Post by mythfreak »

So I have an HDHR Prime and a Ceton tuner and suddenly I'm not able to record anything. Both devices are showing that they are paired but I'm getting this error message in the HDHR log:

9700101-00:11:42 CableCARD: message: A technical problem is preventing you from receiving all the cable services at this time. Please call your cable operator and report error code 161-53 to have this problem resolved.
19700101-00:11:42 CableCARD: M-CARD reset

When I run a channel scan with no grabber I'm not seeing anything. This is Comcast and I wonder if I have to pull in a different channel lineup?
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Re: Live TV / tuners won't record

Post by mythfreak »

Here's what I see from a scan

@mythbackend:~$ hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF scan /tuner0 scan0.log
SCANNING: 999000000 (us-irc:158, us-cable:158)
communication error sending request to hdhomerun device
LinuxGeek28
Junior
United States of America

Post by LinuxGeek28 »

Have you tested your HDHR tuner with the HDHomerun config app? If the tuner and M-card are working, you should be able to view channels. If it still doesn't work, then I would look at look into either resetting your M-card with your cable provider or checking to see if your provider changed the copy protection flags on your cable channels.
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Post by heyted »

While on the same network as the Prime, open a web browser and visit http://my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the HDHR Prime. View the lineup, and look for "DRM." Scan for channels, look for "DRM" again, and look for any changes.
Ted | My blog
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

I think the HDHR has bit the dust. The far right LED flashes red occasionally which I'm assuming is a network issue as Im not able to discover it at times on the backend.

I was getting a 161-53 error which I told comcast. We tried to re-pair it as well as try my other card. It was around that time that the red flashing occurred.

I did try a scan from the my.hdhomerun.com site and no dice.
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

OK ... it turns out that the HDHR is faulty. Im not sure exactly what the deal was with my Ceton 4 but I upgraded to 18.04 and .29 and couldn't get it working due to my ctn0 interface being renamed on bootup. After taking care of that, we're golden!!!