For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Raspberry Pi devices
kbocek
Senior
United States of America

Mythtv-Light libcrypto error

Post by kbocek »

Trying to run mythfrontend on a Raspberry Pi 3:

Code: Select all

mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl1.0.2 is installed.

Any ideas?
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: Mythtv-Light libcrypto error

Post by pgbennett »

I think most likely reason is you are using a mythfrontend built for a different linux version. If using bintray, make sure you use the version built for your operating system (stretch or jessie). The latest builds are for stretch.

You can try
ldd /usr/bin/mythfrontend
This will show the libraries you are using. Mine shows this for libcrypto
libcrypto.so.1.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.1 (0x73cc1000)
It is using libcrypto.so.1.1 on a build for stretch. Yours wants libcrypto.so.1.0.0 so it is likely built for a different system.
kbocek
Senior
United States of America

Post by kbocek »

Thanks for the reply Peter.

No this is not manually compiled. It is the mythtv-light package from you guys.

However, it *is* the older .27 package running on the current Debian. So maybe that's the problem.

I know it's supposed to be a bad thing but what about a symlink from the 1.0.0 file name to the installed 1.0.2 file?
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

0.27 was only available for jessie. It is an unsupported version. If you really want to use it install jessie, but I recommend upgrading your MythTv to the latest version. If you create a symlink for the missing library you will likely just hit another missing library. I do not believe you will get it to work.
kbocek
Senior
United States of America

Post by kbocek »

Meh. Trying to work around (and avoid) updating my backend on CentOS 6. I've got the packages for 29 from Stephen Collier. qt5.6 is available for this distro. Just gotta do it.

So to upgrade on Debian is just installing 29 over .27 ok? Or should I uninstall all the .27 packages?

Thanks for the help.