Recent MythNetVision Information?

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

urbnsr
Junior
United States of America

Recent MythNetVision Information?

Post by urbnsr »

I'm trying to setup MythNetVision on my Ubuntu 16.04 Mythtv to see what I can stream from the internet. I only find posts from many years ago as I try to troubleshoot my installation.

I can search YouTube videos just fine, but nothing else. I have selected tree view, but don't seem to get any results. Same with any other script I select - no results. I seem to be able to browse 9 YouTube catagories and what videos from there, but no other source.

Is MythNetVision in use much these days? Is there a way for me to troubleshoot my problems? I installed Abobe's flash player, but wonder if there was a way to test this through Firefox or some other method?

Thanks!
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Recent MythNetVision Information?

Post by paulh »

Unfortunately the maintainer of MythNetVision seems to have abandoned it so it is slowly bit-rotting so parts of it are now failing.

It will still make it into v30 due shortly but I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed for the next release unless someone takes the time to fix it.

Volunteers always welcome ;)
Last edited by paulh on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add volunteers welcome
urbnsr
Junior
United States of America

Re: Recent MythNetVision Information?

Post by urbnsr »

Thanks for the info. I was kind of afraid of that answer. Unfortunately, I don't think I could help much.