Mythvideo and the path to the videos

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dborn
Junior
Canada

Mythvideo and the path to the videos

Post by dborn »

Hi all,
I don't use storage groups so I specify the path where the videos are stored directly in the Mythvideo setup.
This path is /mnt/disk3/mythtv/videos/

I selected to see the directory structure since I created a folder for each movie and then all the disks part of that movie are listed there. I don't want to see a linear list of all the individual disks (there's just too many), I'd rather see a reduced list of folders first.

My question is, why do I have to navigate from /mnt to disk3 to mythtv to videos before I access my videos when I specified the source of the videos to be in /mnt/disk3/mythtv/videos? It seems it would be natural to start straight into videos and consider that as the root of the videos?

It was like that back in mythtv 0.23 (my previous version), is this a bug or is there a good reason for this (or something misconfigured on my side)?

Thanks,
Daniel
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Mythvideo and the path to the videos

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

I don't have the problem of drilling down to the expected location of my videos
(or anything else.) However, I use Storage Groups, as should everyone on any
modern version of MythTV.

I *think* you're talking about the "Directories that hold videos" setting. Please mention
the specific setup you're referring to if the above doesn't help.
dborn
Junior
Canada

Post by dborn »

Hi Bill,
I didn't use storage groups because the documentation mentionned that the implementation was incomplete or had problems, I don't remember the exact terms and since I used some nfs mounts with autofs in the past, I just decided to re-implement the same setup for that as on 0.23

Yes, I am referring to (from mythfrontend's main menu): Setup->Media Settings->Video Settings->General Setting->Directories that hold videos (and all the other directories too, all located under /mnt/disk3/mythtv/).

I guess I will go setup storage groups for videos and see if that helps. :)

Thanks,
Daniel
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

OK, thanks for the detail. Mine are all empty.