Scanning the Image Gallery

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ricks03
Junior
United States of America

Scanning the Image Gallery

Post by ricks03 »

Currently running 0.28.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Gallery indicates that "For initial setup, the storage group must be manually synchronised by scanning the storage group via the pop-up menu option."

Can someone please point me to the location of the "pop-up menu option"?
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Scanning the Image Gallery

Post by paulh »

You first have to start mythtv-setup and change the Photograph storage group to point to your images on the backend machine. You must then restart the backend for it to pick up the new storage group.

Then in a frontend machine go to the Images option which you will find in the manin menu somewhere, it depends on the menu theme exactly where, then on that screen press Menu and the option to scan for images is on there.

I recently set this up for a friend and it does work but seemed a little flaky. At first nothing happened so tried a few times then suddenly a progress bar appeared and it sprung to life. You do have to be a little patient for the thumb nails to be created it can take a while if you have a lot of images and they seem to be generated in reverse order so the ones at the bottom of the screen are created first!
misha19
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by misha19 »

Hey,

How can I scan my image gallery please suggest me something????

Thank you in advance.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Media Library>Images>Press "M" for menu>Select Scan for images.Done.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.