No mythfilldatabase data for newly added channel

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BillK
Senior
United States of America

No mythfilldatabase data for newly added channel

Post by BillK »

Ubuntu 14.04

Guide data from Schedules Direct was working fine until I added two channels (single frequency scan) that I couldn't get before but now can. The IDs are correct according to Schedules Direct, but mythfilldatabase doesn't insert any data for the newly added channels. The downloaded data in /tmp/mythtv_ddp_data shows both of the channels with IDs the same as what's in the channel editor. I noticed that on those channels, the boxes for using over-air data were checked and I unchecked them, but still no change. I had run mythfilldatabase prior to unchecking those boxes and frontend status showed mythfilldatabase had run successfully (but no data for those channels). After unchecking the boxes and running mythfilldatabase, the frontend status showed it had run but had not inserted any new data.

I'm now at a loss. I really need the data.
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: No mythfilldatabase data for newly added channel

Post by pgbennett »

Are you using SD-json service or the DD service? I switched to the JSON service some time ago and it has worked well, giving three weeks of data instead of the less than 2 weeks you get with DD.

For DD service - did you make sure you added those channels to your SD subscription? Also on the SD site there are tools to check your data.

For JSON service - there are details in the wiki on how to add and configure channels at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Sched ... t_Grabbers
usererror
Junior
United States of America

Post by usererror »

I'm not sure that you want to try this but this week I had to redo all my channels due to relocation.

Even though I removed my old schedules direct listings via Input Sources (I think) I was still seeing duplicate channels (2x Channel 231, for example). I had to use the channel editor, to delete all channels, then go back to the Input Sources and rescan from Schedules Direct to get accurate channel data. After that, I noticed Mythfilldatabase would get correct listings. For some channels new local it did not get data for that day, but it did have data for the following day.

This is on 16.04 with latest .28 fixes via Mythbuntu repos.

As PGBennett mentioned, switching to SD-Json is supposed to make things easier, but I had a hard time following the guide on the Wiki and will need to re-attempt.
-Mark

MythTV user2007. Dedicated backend - 2x Frontends [rPi2 (Kodi) & PC (MythTV)]
BillK
Senior
United States of America

Post by BillK »

Thanks for responding. It seems to be updating now. Could the problem be related to the checkbox in the channel editor for using EIT for guide data? I'm wondering why the box gets checked when I add a channel. None of the channels I previously added had it checked and I never had to uncheck it.