DVB-T2: stale tuners

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

marco.hahn
Newcomer
Germany

DVB-T2: stale tuners

Post by marco.hahn »

For reasons that I do not understand (but probably linked to me playing around with the configuration), I have 5+2 tuners in mythfrontend:
Tuner 1-Tuner 5 are not available
Tuner 6-Tuner 7 are available
All tuners are of type [DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ]

I cannot watch TV and I cannot record shows. When trying to watch TV, mythfrontend immediately returns to the menu.

I removed the TV boards in mythsetup and added them anew, creating the relevant links between hardware and video source. It resulted in Tuner 1-Tuner 5 as above and Tuner 8-Tuner 9, but without Tuner 6-Tuner 7.

I originally had 5 tuners defined (number of multiplexes per channel), but am now only defining 2 tuners at a time.

MythTV version is 0.28.1 on raspberry pi3, raspbian 8.0.

I suspect the missing TV and recording functions are linked to the Tuners 1-5. Any help is highly welcome.
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Re: DVB-T2: stale tuners

Post by MikeB2013 »

When you deleted the tuners in mythtv-setup did you "Delete all capture cards" or "Delete capture cards on <backend name>", the first one is recommended to ensure the database is fully cleared.

What does Tuner Status in mythtv frontend (Information Centre >System Status > Tuner Status) show. If it shows ...errored... against any Tuner, you will get problems when trying to watch TV or making recordings. mythtvbackend checks tuners on startup, marking any with problems as errored.

The output from the following command in a terminal on mythtv backend will show what tuners have been detected when the operating system started, on Debian you might have to run dmesg with sudo or as root (depends on your configuration)

dmesg | grep -i frontend

One thing to try when Live TV just returns straight to the menu is go into Program Guide at the main menu, move to a channel, press "m" key (menu) an option to "Watch This Channel" (I am not sure if this is in mythtv version fixes/0.28).

Also can you run in a terminal on mythtv-backend and post the result of:

mythbackend --version

Mike
marco.hahn
Newcomer
Germany

Post by marco.hahn »

I am not sure which delete I used. I repeated the procedure with "delete all capture cards."

After that I only get two tuners in Information Centre >System Status > Tuner Status.

Running dmesg outputs:

Code: Select all

[    8.818232] usb 1-1.4: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Silicon Labs Si2168)...
Which fits the hardware used.

mythbackend --version outputs:

Code: Select all

Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v0.28.1-35-g392be65
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20161120-1
QT Version : 5.3.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_opengles using_openmax using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
Watching TV now works. I thus assume that I just deleted capture cards on the single backend.

Thanks for the help!
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Post by MikeB2013 »

Great its now working.

Your version of mythtv backend fixes/0.28 is slightly out of date (28 June 2017) , but not enough to cause major issues.

I suspect the reason you are seeing 2 tuners (which is the default for dvb devices) for the physical device is due to mythtv-setup Capture Card> Recording Options > Multirec.

Mike