mythfilldatabase --do-not-update-logos

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
Gary Buhrmaster
Junior
United States of America

mythfilldatabase --do-not-update-logos

Post by Gary Buhrmaster »

[Note: this is being filed due to a request elsewhere; I have a nearly zero personal interest, so will not be pursuing this, and I have no idea of the devs would even consider it a good idea, but I am guessing the total code is in the dozen or so lines magnitude, so maybe someone will feel it is a good starter patch set.]

Please consider adding something like --do-not-update-logos to mythfilldatabase. Some people have apparently carefully curated their station logos, and do not want to accept the new and improved logos that a grabber may provide. While --only-update-guide can also be utilized, sometimes one wants the other changes that guide update(s) provide. Alternatively, it is possible to use xsltproc to delete the logo, but that requires competency with xsltproc stylesheets.

For the record, I think this stylesheet does the job (not really tested):

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="node() | @*">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*"/>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="channel//icon"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>