MythWeb Troubles with 0.28.1

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
leejk
Junior

MythWeb Troubles with 0.28.1

Post by leejk »

Hello,

The previous version of mythweb was rock solid, but with the newer release I am constantly seeing this error message in a blank page when moving around in the older mythweb interface:

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_col() on a non-object in /opt/dvr/apache2/htdocs/MythWeb/modules/backend_log/init.php on line 15

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

thx
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Re: MythWeb Troubles with 0.28.1

Post by stuarta »

Do you have a full stack trace when that occurs?
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

Not in the browser window. I'm not seeing anything in the logs either.

thx
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

Does anyone else use the original myth web interface? Just wondering if it is specific to my setup or not.

thx
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

leejk wrote:Does anyone else use the original myth web interface? Just wondering if it is specific to my setup or not.
I don't personally use MythWeb but at least one of my beta testers reported success with it under 0.28. You used all-in-one installer, right? (Using the default MariaDB--version 5.5--included?) And were upgrading from a previously-working 0.27 install?

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

pvr4me wrote:
leejk wrote:Does anyone else use the original myth web interface? Just wondering if it is specific to my setup or not.
I don't personally use MythWeb but at least one of my beta testers reported success with it under 0.28. You used all-in-one installer, right? (Using the default MariaDB--version 5.5--included?) And were upgrading from a previously-working 0.27 install?

Craig
Yes. I have started using the new version of MythWeb which seems more stable, but it is missing some functionality that the other has. Was hoping to see if anyone else was having similar issues, but I guess no one uses it much.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

leejk wrote:Yes. I have started using the new version of MythWeb which seems more stable, but it is missing some functionality that the other has. Was hoping to see if anyone else was having similar issues, but I guess no one uses it much.
In the wiki, somewhere, there is a fair bit of good information about trouble-shooting MythWeb. There are http logs and such that probably would identify what is going wrong. I can help you find where such things are located under MacPorts if you run into that kind of problem. I'd say work through the MythWeb on MacPorts configuration steps carefully. So far, that has always been what tripped people up.

Also, do you mean you've been trying out the new WebFrontend? I think it holds great promise but you're right that much remains to be implemented. n enormous advantage is that it needs zero configuration out of the box!

For me, MythWeb always seemed redundant. My main machine has Myth installed with the frontend available via a Dock icon. Or I could use Screen Sharing to do administration on the backend. Plus, early on, I was running the backend on a low-powered machine and Apache and PHP were something bringing it to a crawl. I got used to not using it.

What do you like to use MythWeb for?

Craig
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

pvr4me wrote:
What do you like to use MythWeb for?

Craig
Since I don't use the Myth frontend, I like it because I can run it on my iPad to schedule recordings from the couch :)

I hadn't thought about the web logs... I'll check thru those and see what turns up.

thx
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Post by sfatula »

For me, when I get the query_col error, I find I need to go into /opt/local/apache2/htdocs/MythWeb/mythweb.conf and uncomment the lines for db_server, db_name, db_login, and, db_password. I use a non standard password, and despite the comments that say it is not necessary due to using upnp now, this does not work for me. Un-commenting those lines and setting the correct info allows mythweb to then run (after restarting apache). This is annoying, but, not the end of the world.

Agter getting rid of that error, I next cannot stream any existing recording, I get an error, in the log it says:

Code: Select all

[Tue Apr 11 15:15:14 2017] [error] [client 192.168.3.21] Can't locate CGI.pm in @INC (you may need to install the CGI module) (@INC contains: /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24 /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.24/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.24 /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.24/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.24 .) at /opt/local/apache2/htdocs/MythWeb/mythweb.pl line 8., referer: http://192.168.3.21:8090/MythWeb/tv/detail/1121/1491937200
So, I did a port install p5.24-cgi and then it seems to run.
Sburnside
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Sburnside »

I am getting the same error after upgrading with the installer to 0.28.1. It was previously working in o.27.x. Tried repeating the MythWeb setup as per macports myth page to no avail.

$ httpd -V returns ...
Server version: Apache/2.4.16 (Unix)
Server built: Jul 22 2015 21:03:09
Server's Module Magic Number: 20120211:47
Server loaded: APR 1.4.8, APR-UTIL 1.5.2
Compiled using: APR 1.4.8, APR-UTIL 1.5.2
Architecture: 64-bit
Server MPM: prefork
threaded: no
forked: yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
-D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
-D APR_HAS_MMAP
-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
-D APR_USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZE
-D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
-D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
-D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
-D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=256
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/bin/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/private/var/run/httpd.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
-D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/private/etc/apache2/mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf"

$ php --version returns ....
PHP 5.5.36 (cli) (built: Jun 12 2016 23:47:46)
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies

$ sudo apachectl stop retuns ....
Password:
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist: Could not find specified service

I then try
$ sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist
$ sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist

Still no go. Is the built in web server or non /opt/dvr... httpd.conf file which has the php module commented out affecting the macports web server? I might delete the /opt/dvr install and try starting over and install directly from macports if others have the web server running correctly with this build. The web server in my view is much preferred to the rather awkward front end process which i rarely use. The backend is otherwise working well via the new WebFrontend interface as well as through the DLNA server directly to our TV.
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

Has anyone uncovered any secrets to make the original MythWeb work? It's really annoying that they released a half finished version of the newer MythWeb module while breaking the old one. I am still getting the generic error in the browser when trying to load the MythWeb home page : Fatal error: Call to a member function query_col() on a non-object in /opt/dvr/apache2/htdocs/MythWeb/modules/backend_log/init.php on line 15

It's really not much to go on.
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Post by sfatula »

Mythweb has always worked for me via Macports. You have it installed via Macports, something else? Myth and mysql both?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

leejk wrote:Has anyone uncovered any secrets to make the original MythWeb work? It's really annoying that they released a half finished version of the newer MythWeb module while breaking the old one. I am still getting the generic error in the browser when trying to load the MythWeb home page : Fatal error: Call to a member function query_col() on a non-object in /opt/dvr/apache2/htdocs/MythWeb/modules/backend_log/init.php on line 15

It's really not much to go on.
Did you see sfatula's post?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2062&view=unread#p10311

It looks to me that MythWeb is trying to access the database and not succeeding for some reason. The following are the lines that I believe he edited:

Code: Select all

#    setenv db_server        "localhost"
        #    setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
        #    setenv db_login         "mythtv"
        #    setenv db_password      "mythtv"
Delete the comment character ("#") and fill in your local values. Be sure to restart apache so it uses your new config.

Hope this helps,

Craig
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

Thx Craig. No I missed that post... and it works for me too. I'm using the pre-built installer of yours, so not sure if that makes a difference or not. It sounds like others installed it directly from macports.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

leejk wrote:Thx Craig. No I missed that post... and it works for me too. I'm using the pre-built installer of yours, so not sure if that makes a difference or not. It sounds like others installed it directly from macports.
Both install methods end up at the same place; no difference.

Craig