New recording schedule search using thetvdb

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
jboehm
Newcomer
United States of America

New recording schedule search using thetvdb

Post by jboehm » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:19 pm

I often get excited about shows I see mentioned online or from "new fall preview" shows only to find they premier more than 14 days in the future. By the time they are in the 14 day window I have forgotten about them. The premier comes and goes and I'm out of luck on the story line.

I would be really nice if a recording schedule could be created using data from thetvdb.com. This is already done in other open source apps like sickbeard.

thanks

dekarl
Developer
Germany

Re: New recording schedule search using thetvdb

Post by dekarl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 pm

That is already working in principle. It all depends on your guide source reliable filling seriesid/inetref and similar fields with proper values. I have used this in an experiment to record my watchlist from themoviedb.
Schedules Direct has their own strong seriesid but the new service also carries thevdb seriesids.

Thought about it some more. Thetvdb carries the Schedulesdirect ID, too. So you could write a bookmarklet that creates a recording rule via the services API when called from the series' page at thetvdb. For new series this all depends on someone connecting the dots / datasets ahead of time.