Livetv via mythweb/VLC etc.

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
g444
Junior
Germany

Livetv via mythweb/VLC etc.

Post by g444 »

Hi,

i think it would be nice if livetv would be accessible via mythweb. Maybe some playlist with the channels to download that can be opened and played with vlc or other players, or something integrated into the mythweb site(if that's possible with html5 video, but i suppose that would need a plugin, for example the vlc plugin should work).

EPG in vlc would also be nice, it should be possible since i heard that the AVM FritzWLAN Repeater DVB-C serves EPG to vlc.

(If you decide to do a mythweb integrated player, it would also be nice to have that for recordings.)
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Livetv via mythweb/VLC etc.

Post by stuarta »

Mythweb is in maintenance only mode, and no further features are planned to be added to it at this time. We are working on an integrated web server in the backend instead.
dekarl
Developer
Germany

Post by dekarl »

What is your use case that you want to satisfy? If you are looking for something similar to a "WLAN DVB-C Repeater" then MythTV may be the wrong solution.
g444
Junior
Germany

Post by g444 »

stuarta wrote:Mythweb is in maintenance only mode, and no further features are planned to be added to it at this time. We are working on an integrated web server in the backend instead.
Sounds like a good idea, should take away the need to setup a webserver and mythweb. Is it also planned to move also the mysql server into the backend?
dekarl wrote:What is your use case that you want to satisfy? If you are looking for something similar to a "WLAN DVB-C Repeater" then MythTV may be the wrong solution.
I think it would just be nice to easily access livetv from a browser/vlc, plus you wouldn't need a mythtv compatible frontend for livetv. This would be handy if you for example are restricted to non-mythtv compatible players or don't want to install one just for quickly viewing livetv. I also use MythTV for recording so a DVB-C Repeater wouldn't do ;)