Channel Group API call

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
zaphod24
Junior
United States of America

Channel Group API call

Post by zaphod24 »

In addition to running MythTV 0.27 on a backend server and an Atom/Nvidia front end, I also use XBMC/KODI on a raspberry PI. The mythtv pvr plugin recently changed from logging into mysql and looking at the mythtv tables to using the services API, which I think is a good thing. Unfortunately, the services API appears to lack any calls that would bring back channel groups and which channels are in them. Are there any plans to add such a call to the services API? For the time being, I've had to duplicate my "favorites" channel group again manually in KODI.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Channel Group API call

Post by bill6502 »

zaphod24 wrote:Unfortunately, the services API appears to lack any calls that would bring back channel groups and which channels are in them.
Hi,
I don't see a direct way either, but the following 2 give the information
you want, and lots more (tested on 0.28-pre, not 0.27):
<backend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelGroupList
<backend>:6544/Guide/GetProgramGuide?StartTime=2014-11-22T00:00:00&EndTime=2014-11-22T00:00:01&ChannelGroupId=<x>
The EndTime makes the assumption that all members of the Channel Group are on-the-air,
so you may need to make it later.
zaphod24
Junior
United States of America

Re: Channel Group API call

Post by zaphod24 »

Thanks for the info. The GetChannelGroupList call doesn't appear to exist in 0.27. The only endpoints under guide are GetChannelIcon, GetProgramDetails and GetProgramGuide. Perhaps it will all work better together when 0.28 is officially out.