Finding Chanel Icons (searching)

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
HiTechHiTouch
Newcomer
United States of America

Finding Chanel Icons (searching)

Post by HiTechHiTouch »

1. When you can't find anything thing for a name with a hyphen in it, try again removing the hyphen and following. For example "WISH-TV" or "WISH-HD1" should be retried using just "WISH". A similar situation is "WFYI 1", "WFYI 2', "WFYI 3", all of which resolve using just "WFYI".

2. Start a substitution table for common 'not founds'. For example, the search for "PBSkids" gets no hits, but "PBS kids" does. Between the station and network marketing people, some things fall through the cracks. Since PBS and PBSKids are nation wide, this could help many people.

Likewise, the "ME-TV" stations are jumble, but I see no hard rule to detangle them.

3. When nothing is found, offer some generic icons, like "News" "Weather" "Sports" "Local" "Spanish" "French" "Public Access".

Finally, I'd like some hint about what you search for, not just the argument, but the additional information you use to decide if a hit actually contains an suitable image. Maybe I can generate some more search alternative suggestions.

PS: The description of the icon file which can be manually set in the editor (Channel Options -- Common / Icon) needs to be stated with the file name prompt. GIF? JPEG? PNG? Min and Max dimensions?