Chromium and MythTV

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
aubonbeurre
Newcomer
France

Chromium and MythTV

Post by aubonbeurre »

Hi everybody,

I'm a long time MythTV user, but I haven't looked much at the implementation.

A couple of times I compiled MythTV (some years ago). Also I read a bit about the frontend/backend architecture before (QT, MySQL, OGL).

It seems there are a lot of great features, pretty solid C++/threading/GPU, good scripting, but from my experience the front-end UI lacks some flexibility to extend/animate.

Has anybody put some thoughts around using CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) as a replacement for the frontend UI?

(essentially the ability to write the mythfrontend user interface with HTML5/SVG/V8).

I'm just curious, cause I suspect mixing the video playback with MythTV overlays may not be trivial to do (but again I'm no expert of either CEF, QT, or any of those things mentioned above).

Cheers,
alex
dekarl
Developer
Germany

Re: Chromium and MythTV

Post by dekarl »

That sounds a bit like the MythTV with QML experiments. QML was discussed ealier on these forums.