This IPTV Stream Won't Work

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
drewsmith
Newcomer
United States of America

This IPTV Stream Won't Work

Post by drewsmith »

I added this MRL to my m3u list and this one doesn't work: http://us1-external-sources.iptvserver. ... w4r4Qs/483

Works fine in VLC. Studying the mythbackend logs, I can see the difference in a working MRL and non-working, but that's as far as I can get.

Cheers!
Last edited by Steve Goodey on Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL edited.
drewsmith
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: This IPTV Stream Won't Work

Post by drewsmith »

Is this something that can get fixed? If someone could point me to the code files to look at, I could give it a shot.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: This IPTV Stream Won't Work

Post by paulh »

I don't know about this particular feed, I can't get it to work at all even in vlc, but I'm aware of a problem with some feeds that get redirected to a new URL. If the chunks contain a partial URL then we should create the full URL from the base URL of the m3u and the partial URL of the chunks passed in the m3u file that gets downloaded. But if the m3u file gets redirected then I suspect we use the wrong base URL. At least that is my suspicion I could be completely wrong I just never found the time to fully debug it.