Support of SAT>IP

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
Heinz
Newcomer
Germany

Support of SAT>IP

Post by Heinz »

After the purchase of a XORO HRS 8670 LAN (a satellite receiver with network connection, working as a SAT>IP-server) I noticed that MythTV-backend cannot really handle the given .m3u-playlist. So I googled and found the project vtuner, a kernel module which could represent up to four tuners in the sight of mythtv-backend, and as a controlling unit for the SAT>IP-box. Some iOS- and Android-programmers showed, it couldn't be that difficult to talk to the box and receive its TV- and Radio-streams.
Back to vtuner (NOT the decent Radio-receiving program!): Old source codes for kernels < 3.10 don't compile now, new ones are not in sight. Due to my lack of programming skills I suggest the improvement of that project, from which not only MythTV will receive an advantage - even players as VLC or such.