Ability to control the volume *before* playback starts

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
Gribnif
Junior
United States of America

Ability to control the volume *before* playback starts

Post by Gribnif »

What I'd like is the ability to control the volume *before* playback has started, while still in the Watch Recordings/Videos menu. That way I don't have to worry about scaring the cats (or kids, in my case) during that first few seconds of playback while I frantically try to turn the volume down.
qeldroma
Newcomer
Germany

Re: Ability to control the volume *before* playback starts

Post by qeldroma »

Not a direct technicians answer, but as I am using myth since years, I am very sure, that this is nothing to be configured in myth.
sorry.
rwagner
Developer
United States of America

Post by rwagner »

That is why it is in the "wishlist" topic.
fphillips
Junior
United States of America

Post by fphillips »

In the Audio Setup screen of each frontend you can set the master and pcm volumes if you have 'use internal volume controls' selected. This will set the volumes each time the frontend is started. Though once you adjust the volume, it's saved and used the next time you start watching something.

The ability to disable that volume saving so that each program started with a consistent volume would be useful.
oninit
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by oninit »

It is possible to configure a system event at playback start that starts a shell script. In this shell script I used the nc command to use a jump point to reduce the volume to 50 percent. It is not perfect because there is a very short delay before the system event is run after playback but it mostly works.