User job arguement %RECTYPE% in user jobs

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
skinah
Junior

User job arguement %RECTYPE% in user jobs

Post by skinah »

Currently it is supported in events but not in user jobs. If possible it would be great to add the support so my user job scripts can work out if a recording is a movie or a series. I dont believe there is a way to do this currently so this would seem easy to add feature.

%RECTYPE% would return 1 if it is a movie, currently it returns a value of %RECTYPE% if you try and use it in a user job.

thanks for considering.
daraden
Senior
United States of America

Re: User job arguement %RECTYPE% in user jobs

Post by daraden »

You're looking for Category or CatType not RecType. they will return "series" or "movie" ect and not the bool value you are looking for. you also need guide data that provides the actual category data.
skinah
Junior

Post by skinah »

Category returns values like comedy, drama and so on with my guide data. I have looked at the rectype values in the database and they seem very consistant and will give me what I need and are an integer not a bool.

Cat type is not documented here will try it to see what it does.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs#U ... _arguments
daraden
Senior
United States of America

Post by daraden »

if you look in https://code.mythtv.org/trac/browser/my ... ingtypes.h(lines 19-32). witch the %RECTYPE% references on the page you linked you will see that it is for recording schedules. So the likely reason it is consistent is you only tend to set a movie to record once.